Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

my first build (lab style phr)

You can add them to the top on the other side of the fan. It would look cleaner. Just an idea.

I think I will flip it so the fan is at the bottom. I'll just throw some little rubber feet so it can still vent.

I like the new design too! If you could, I'd like the vent holes to be both sides, near the diode. I will take care of drilling the rest of the holes for the power supply, switch, etc.

Edit: Holes on the bottom work too. Whatever you feel like doing. Thanks

Last edited:

mdjd07

You can add them to the top on the other side of the fan. It would look cleaner. Just an idea.

I think I will flip it so the fan is at the bottom. I'll just throw some little rubber feet so it can still vent.

Yeah if you did that you could even flip the fan over so it pulls air out through the bottome if you wanted

mdjd07

I like the new design too! If you could, I'd like the vent holes to be both sides, near the diode. I will take care of drilling the rest of the holes for the power supply, switch, etc.

Edit: Holes on the bottom work too. Whatever you feel like doing. Thanks

No prob. man, What Ill do is before I make these ill Just ask everyone that wants one to post and tell me where they want the vent holes and how many :)

also-1 fan hole isn't going to do much-I think everyone might want something different, but I think a couple slits opposite the fan would work well, especially if the airflow passed near the diode.
will

mdjd07

Im going to upload the new design drawings when I get home :) I just had them printed out

How can I get a couple of these nice aluminum boxes ? I would like the fan opening on the end oppisit of the diode please :yh:

have a good day !
Pyro...

mdjd07

They are in the process of being programed. If you want the hole on the back side, all you have to do is turn the top around. I said before I was only gna charge 10 a box...I am going to have to charge 25 only because we dont have the material and my boss said if I want to make them I have to pay for the material. I hope this price change doesnt scare you guys away from still wanting them :(

They are in the process of being programed. If you want the hole on the back side, all you have to do is turn the top around. I said before I was only gna charge 10 a box...I am going to have to charge 25 only because we dont have the material and my boss said if I want to make them I have to pay for the material. I hope this price change doesnt scare you guys away from still wanting them :(

lol 25 is no problem for a sweet aluminum labbie-no worries dude.
You're being super helpful in the design process, plus there aren't any other cheap custom labbie hosts that I know of.

Gotta pass. Its worth it, I just dont have that kind of money. I've been disabled for 6 years. Thanks anyway man. These are really nice and you should have no problem selling them.