Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

my first build (lab style phr)

actually i would expect to pay more than that for the block of aluminum it was made out of

Actually Killer B , here is what I do a lot.

Go to your local scrap yard, they will sell you all sorts of great hunks and chunks for just the price of the scrap metal.

I got 4 steel spars , 1 inch square, extruded hollow, 8 feet long, black powder coated from a pile for under $5.

I make signs as a hobby, it's insanely cheaper to get retired road signs from a scrap yard, than to order sheets of aluminum.

BTW scrap signs also are great for body work on cars.

KiLLrB

Actually Killer B , here is what I do a lot.

Go to your local scrap yard, they will sell you all sorts of great hunks and chunks for just the price of the scrap metal.

I got 4 steel spars , 1 inch square, extruded hollow, 8 feet long, black powder coated from a pile for under $5.

I make signs as a hobby, it's insanely cheaper to get retired road signs from a scrap yard, than to order sheets of aluminum.

BTW scrap signs also are great for body work on cars.
facepalm_statue.jpg

aaaaaaah...
Didnt think of that

mdjd07

cool:D
P.S. I can't wait till my new PHR comes in! lol just thought id say that

mdjd07

Yeah i was either gna build a 20x red or a green...I havnt read up much on the greens yet. I will though.

I'll take 3 boxes right now for $10 each. Do you have paypal? I dont need the parts, just the screws. Can you machine out a rectangle on the other side of the fan on the bottom? It would give better air flow.

mdjd07

I could but as I explained earlier im busy at work currently so idk when i would have the time to make more. If i do get a break in work and am able to make some ill pm u guys to see if you still want them. Sorry, i machine parts for the military and areospace so im usually busy. I actually made mine like months ago and it was going to be a switchbox to control the air suspension on the truck im building but then I saw a better use for it lol

If you indeed start selling these, put me down for 2 boxes (just the boxes). Shoot me a PM with your PP address and I will send the funds. If and when you have the time that is. Thanks

mdjd07

actually i may be able to make them tomarrow...im not promising, but my boss wont be here

mdjd07

Quick question for those of you that want to buy these... Do you want me to machine in the hole for the fan in the lid along with drill and tap the holes to mount the fan?