Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My Favorite Element - Neodymium

I stumbled upon this while YouTubing today and I thought it was really cool and good explanation of DPSS lasers. Neodymium makes up two of my favorite toys; lasers and magnets. Anyways, if you like elements and chemistry I suggest you watch these Periodic Videos from Nottingham University. These guys do a superbe job at explaining the different properties of the elements that make up everything, and they're very entertaining. :D

YouTube - Neodymium - Periodic Table of Videos

-Tony

Must be pretty old... even older than the posted date of 2008 since green pointers are no longer pulsed and no longer use YAG. :(

HIMNL9

My favorite element is Unobtanium (must be atomic number 118, iirc) ..... at least til i found some pure Neutronium (not enough atomic numbers for classify it, sorry :p) ..... ;p :D

Must be pretty old... even older than the posted date of 2008 since green pointers are no longer pulsed and no longer use YAG. :(

They don't still use YAG? I thought the YAG made it into 1064nm, and the KTP doubled it.

Wow I'm behind... Never even heard of that, though I knew they aren't pulsed any more.

It was way before 2004 that they stopped using YAG. Probably why you never even knew!

He says that it needs to be pulsed?? I thought greenies were most commonly CW!

mines mercury, but not in use with lasers. and how long ago were greens all pulse, since ive been interested (not very long) theve always been continous. and dnar dont go create any galactic wars over your lust for unobtanium. (random insert) btw wouldnt i be cool to take a 445nm to the 1800s or before and freak people out.