Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My black friday build Now fan cooled-new pics.

hydguy

Yeaaah, thats baby powder, not Blow lol:spank: <---too funny

I'll make some for you 'all when I get home today so tomm you will here the awsomemness of the 445nm whine bliss:)

Sorry this never happened, my dog is days to death... she is very old and
ready if you know what i mean. Sorry for the off topic:cryyy:

While all the "crazies" were out shopping, I had some free time to whip this little gem out...The 2nd and 3rd pictures show the on/off clicker. I know someone on here was asking about a host with no parting lines so it would look like a solid bar. I thought, that sounds cool,:thanks: so this is what it looks like. Only issue I have is the 445 in this seems weak, I did bump into it fitting the lens:scowl: Oh well, It's my first build so I guess I had to frell some thing up ;)
Let me know what ya think.

Your welcome

http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/wtb-custom-host-made-provided-specs-57778.html

Atleast someone got to enjoy this design :yabbem:

Congrats looks great :beer:

hydguy

I dont know how to put a price on this sort of thing, lots of machine work involved. This started out as a solid 1" bar of 6061 alum. I'm not sure what people would be willing to pay for it. I dont want to get rich doing it but also dont want to lose money on the materials. The aluminum alone for one of these cost me $15 before I even put a tool on it. Add a few hours machine work, fitting switch button,poilshing, etc.etc.etc.
What would you pay for one?

anselm

The aluminum alone for one of these cost me $15 before I even put a tool on it.
That's peanuts...
Add a few hours machine work, fitting switch button,poilshing, etc.etc.etc.
You should count the hours you spent, and then think about how much one hour
of your time is worth to you.

What would you pay for one?
At 100$ I'd consider this a STEAL, in my opininon.
Just the bare host, mind you.
But since I have no idea of how much time you spent, I run the risk of insulting you
with this offer. :D

That's peanuts...

You should count the hours you spent, and then think about how much one hour
of your time is worth to you.

At 100$ I'd consider this a STEAL, in my opininon.
Just the bare host, mind you.
But since I have no idea of how much time you spent, I run the risk of insulting you
with this offer. :D

that's what I was thinking as well, just for the host mind you.

Though I, personally with no exp with creating lasers (yet), would like to just buy a complete version of the laser you build on black friday.

hydguy

OK, I'll see if I can make up a few this weekend. See how long it takes and let you know.

hydguy

Well, I guess $100 is going to be a steal. I cant see charging more than that as this is a hobby and cost is a huge factor in any build. As it turns out these take ALOT longer to build than I thought. I have made some changes from the original...I changed the front to accept any lens 9mm X .05 (first one I made a lens holder) this will be more user friendly as far as optics selection. Also got rid of the plastic holder for the "+" connection. It now has a insulated lug with a soldered lead pre-installed and the "-" wire soldered directly to the front cover. These 2 are A bit shorter than the orig. to fit a 18650. I hacked (3) 1.2v cells from a Dewalt for the first one, you know how it is, just cant wait for stuff to show up in the mail from HK.
Now for the pics...I used my new Nikon D3100 it has like a bizillion megapixels so it picks up every thing even the stuff you dont want...These have a very high polish to them but the camera makes them look almost brushed. The copper colored stuff on the threads is Titainium anti-seize I use this on all my alum/alum. threads.
$100.00 shipped each.
You will need:
Any 9mm X.05 threaded lens
flex V drive, I know this will fit in the head.
Laser diode
18650 bat.
And Mothers aluminum polish to keep'em pretty.:na:
I only have 2 available at this point, if they sell I'll make more.
:anyone:

Attachments

• DSC_0092B.jpg
    DSC_0092B.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 161
  • DSC_0094D.jpg
    DSC_0094D.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 143
  • DSC_0095E.jpg
    DSC_0095E.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 144
  • DSC_0096F.jpg
    DSC_0096F.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 139
  • DSC_0099A.jpg
    DSC_0099A.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 142
  • DSC_0098H.jpg
    DSC_0098H.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 133
Thats super awesome of you too do this, i just spent money on a laser though!! i wish i would have waited

hydguy

And if anyone wants special mods like contour the body add finns, taper the front to a point, that sort of thing just say the word. Heck, if you have an idea for a whole new host let me know.