Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My apologies.

Hello everyone,

I'd like to apologize for my absence. Does that sound as pretentious as it looks?. Probably so. But understand that I don't mean for it to look as though I'm trying to blow myself up. I just, know of a couple folks that have missed me.

Though before we get into that, I'd like to address the mass of LPF first, then work my way down. Like a pyramid in reverse.

Firstly, I've been absent for quite some time, something more or less obvious. The reasons are a plenty. But for the most part...

The 2 and a half months since my 21st birthday have not been something I can say I am proud of. I grasped the horns of alcoholism and ran with it until it damn near killed me. I used to excuse of lasers being "too expensive" to cover up the real excuse.

My alcoholism was too expensive for anything else.

All that said, I'm over that now. I'm giving away my stash to some good friends of mine, and getting back into the DIY DPSS work that I had started before the afforementioned birthday.

I'm currently on vacation, but I'll be back to my dorm, and research station soon enough. I still have everything I need for a 532nm sans maybe a good pump, but I'll need to look at my resources again.

Again, I apologize. On the bright side, I can't say I let down anyone but myself and family. Sure my friends joked with me about alcoholism, but they understood. There was no judgement. It almost goes without saying that with this career, and this age, it happens. Outside looking in, being 18, 19, 20 ... I judged. Then I was next. The next to fit the mold.. The next the let the puppet master take me for a whirl.

I'm done with that. I have too many opportunities. Too many goals. Too bright a future to be playing with alcohol the way I am, or was.

So with all that out of the way.

I'm back. I'm lasering again. I'm researching again. I'm back on the pursuit of happiness again.

And it's good to be home.
Amen, it's good to be home.

Last edited:

Hey man, welcome back :)
As long as you kicked the habit, that's what really matters. Glad you were able to overcome it and didn't waste your life away on the bottle. 2 months is "eh," but in the grand scheme of things is really nothing severely life changing :)

Looking forward with what you have to bring with your solid state exploration. This forum needs some life breathed into it!

Glad to see you here, none of us are immune to having demons to deal with, although hidden they may be, even to ourselves some of the time as we ignore their existence hoping they go away, we still have them. You see them, that makes a big difference.

We are glad to have you back, I was starting to miss all the interesting threads you make. :umbrella:

Thanks for the re-welcoming arms :)

I'll take some up to date pictures of my setup when I'm back in Nebraska, currently visiting home. Maybe I'll have some 532nm photons soon :)

Good to hear you are back bloompyle! I heard tons of stories in which alcohol drove people mad & completely changed them as a person. It's good to hear you have overcome it! :)

-Alex

ru124t

Welcome back! I look forward to your adventures as I learn more about this hobby.

IsaacT

Welcome back bloom! Try not to dwell on it. In the words of Rafiki: "Eet ees even dee past!"