Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My 7W 450nm Revan Lightsaber!

Pman

Its way cool but can you actually look at it being that bright? Have you tried with an 07E yet? It would be close between them brightness wise running the 07 at 5A as the wavelength will likely be 471nm or even higher.
Looks really cool for sure. Good call on the lens. Does it start to get warm?
Was the blade purchased or was it something you made to fit?

Last edited:

Sta

Its way cool but can you actually look at it being that bright? Have you tried with an 07E yet? It would be close between them brightness wise running the 07 at 5A as the wavelength will likely be 471nm or even higher.
Looks really cool for sure. Good call on the lens. Does it start to get warm?
My 07E is damaged - it performs at about half power - so it's not a fair comparison. At full power it would definitely be a close call.
My next saber build, if/when I do it, will likely be an 07E.

But I can definitely look at it. Very few things are too bright for that :eg:
I'm not an idiot though, I always use goggles when doing stuff up close.

Edit: Just realized I'm over 1000 rep now, thanks for the +rep! :D

Last edited:

Pman

If I always had to wear glasses with lasers I wouldn't be in this hobby. I have to be extra careful as 99% of the time I'm looking at the beams indoors. I did order a few things from Sanwu and one was their Saber attachment although I'm not sure what kind of attachment is on the end. Forgot about it actually. It's just regular shipping and I'm wondering if I have to sign for it.
What happened that the 07 is at 1/2 power?

Last edited:

Sta

Build stopped working today. Fairly sure that one of the switch connections broke.
Module still works, but there is something wrong with the connection somewhere between the contact board and the module.
The switch is superglued in... would acetone remove the glue without damaging the aluminum?
Edit: Actually it seems to be a problem with the black wire's connection to the host.

@Pman, I don't know. It was working fine, then the next day I LPM'd it and it was at half power.

Last edited:

Pman

I use acetone/nail polish remover all the time and don't remember noticing any issue but I can't say for sure. Have any spare aluminum you can try it on? You will figure out the issue.
That's really strange about the 07. Are you able to pull the driver and diode to check them seperately? I would think it's more likely a driver issue. If the driver has a solder point for a second range maybe it's not making connection and it dropped to the lower range.

Last edited:
If its at half power and not completely off that tells me its something to do with either the driver, diode, or battery. I don't think any badly soldered wires would cause a drop in power as it would probably just cut the power completely.

I don't think the acetone will affect the aluminum. Actually I don't know how you managed to use superglue on alu in the first place, I've never been able to get it to work on it. The only thing I can think of is that the glue might leave a bond mark once it's removed if it was on there really well.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh. Snap! Yeah buddy. I can't say enough nice things about this build. You knew darn well I was going to post here. I love the blade. Please Please Please post a video of you waving it around with the blade on. How is the blade attached? I didn't see a blade retention screw. Can't rep you again yet. But I will come back to ensure it is done at a later time. I must spread it around first.

I would like to know what happens with the blade on and if the tube is held near a LPM if it will read it and see what that reading is.

Last edited:
Christmas is coming soon, my address being PM'd.

Last edited:

Sta

The power! The host is so nice! Spendy host?
Yeah - expensive host. It cost $185, because that's how SaberForge works. :tsk:
If its at half power and not completely off that tells me its something to do with either the driver, diode, or battery. I don't think any badly soldered wires would cause a drop in power as it would probably just cut the power completely.
I'm not talking about this one - it's my 07E that has the problem. It is almost certainly the diode because it has bars of nothingness in the output.
Ohhhhhhhhhhh. Snap! Yeah buddy. I can't say enough nice things about this build. You knew darn well I was going to post here. I love the blade. Please Please Please post a video of you waving it around with the blade on. How is the blade attached? I didn't see a blade retention screw. Can't rep you again yet. But I will come back to ensure it is done at a later time. I must spread it around first.
I would like to know what happens with the blade on and if the tube is held near a LPM if it will read it and see what that reading is.
I wish I could post a video of me waving it around, but (1) it just washes out the picture, and (2) I want to avoid showing my face. ;)
There are actually two retention screws - one for the module and one for the blade. I typically use just the top one, but when I want to use the blade, I unscrew the top one and move the module to the bottom one. Then I insert the blade and tighten the upper retention screw.

Christmas is coming soon, my address being PM'd.

Whaaat? :p

Edit: Oh, and by the way, I've got it working again. The negative wire was soldered poorly. There is something about the host material's aluminum that makes it inhospitable for soldering. Hopefully this one sticks.

Last edited: