Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My 445nm 1.2W laser (RIP)

Re: Yay for me! :p (My 445nm)

LOL @ the focus ring. absolutely brilliant :) Doesnt look so beautiful compared to other focus rings but hey, it does the job ;)

Re: Yay for me! :p (My 445nm)

I can't get the camera not to pick it up like that. It's just painted a semi-glossy black so it's just reflecting the flash a little. I think it looks good, though.

Re: My 445nm 1.2W laser

UPDATE: I learned a very important and expensive lesson while camping...

Never trust cheap belt holsters. My belt holster with my 445 fell somewhere in the Walmart of Big Rapids, Michigan and was unable to find it while retracing my steps. Even told customer service and 3 employees walking around there that I lost a "blue flashlight" in a holster that broke off my belt, but nothing in the last 3 days of camping.

So RIP 445, because I'm sure whoever snagged it when I dropped it has no clue how to use it properly. I still have my radiant shades though, lol. I'll keep you guys posted as to when I get a replacement. Will either be a 750mW+ 12x or another 445. Need money and haven't decided between the two.

Sorry for Your loss Man!!! It worries Me that someone may now have a class IV Laser with no clue as to the danger.:eek:

Thanks for the kind words. Yes that worries me as well. I can only hope they shine it on their skin to see if it's hot and drop it so it smacks hard enough on the concrete to break it. But that's probably wishful thinking. Just pissed because I had just made a cool focus ring and everything for it, and I lose it my first day of camping :(

Last edited:
Re: My 445nm 1.2W laser

UPDATE: I learned a very important and expensive lesson while camping...

Never trust cheap belt holsters. My belt holster with my 445 fell somewhere in the Walmart of Big Rapids, Michigan and was unable to find it while retracing my steps. Even told customer service and 3 employees walking around there that I lost a "blue flashlight" in a holster that broke off my belt, but nothing in the last 3 days of camping.

So RIP 445, because I'm sure whoever snagged it when I dropped it has no clue how to use it properly. I still have my radiant shades though, lol. I'll keep you guys posted as to when I get a replacement. Will either be a 750mW+ 12x or another 445. Need money and haven't decided between the two.

That sucks. It is worrying that someone is going to pick this up and have a >1 watt laser

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Man that sucks :( I'm usually pretty paranoid about carrying my lasers around in my pocket because I have lost stuff like that before and even if it's not lost it could break. I usually feel my pocket every so often to be sure it's still there.

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
I guess I've been pretty lucky, once my DragonLasers Viper 95 slid out of my pocket at a restaurant here in downtown Ottawa. I didn't notice until I felt my pocket after I had walked to a nearby bus stop. FORTUNATELY it was still sitting under the table when I ran back to the restaurant.

Ash

Ouch. Sorry to hear you lost your 445. :cryyy:
But, seriously. I think you should show more respect for teh laZor and be less careless with a piece of potentially dangerous technology like that. Someone could use it to commit a felony, and you may be held (partially) accountable.
:tsk:
Some random w@lmart employee blinding themselves is the least of your worries. :(

445warninglabelonhost.jpg
You should have at least had a warning label on it.

Hey, this guy is in a shitty spot and regrets using a cheap belt holster and lost his 150 dollar laser...I should be a d**k and type some I-told-you-sos...

But, seriously. I think you should show more respect for teh laZor and be less careless with a piece of potentially dangerous technology like that.

GTFO of here with that. You DO NOT talk to me like a stupid kid.

Last edited:
wow man, sorry for your loss... :cryyy:
why don't you fully build your own now :) it is much fun...

check out mine if you want :)

Thanks, but I'm alright. I built my LOC that I have. I'm not that new, lol. Luke has me taken care of when I can get money together so that's all set.

Nah, I didn't mean you were new.. I just said you oughta build your 445nm too :)... just like your LOC there :) :san: but you know better :) :beer: