Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My 150mw and 50mw Laser!

Nice work!
Looks like the type of thing I built back when I first started.

What's the next project gonna be?

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
It's quite nice to see a side by side of 405nm. Thanks for sharing.

I also started with blu-rays for some reason. Not as defined and visible beam compared to other colors but they burn the best!
I remember the first time I saw 1W of blue, it will blow your mind :D

1000mW is a good choice- they are very inexpensive to build- diodes are very cheap for ~1.5 W-- buy from members-- lots of great host makers- these were the first we got back then-- Blue went from the most expensive to the cheapest very quick-- be happy to send you a few--but do protect your eyes -- be smart about static -- short all caps and no touch until your driver is soldered--enjoy lasers and LPF

hak

1000mW is a good choice- they are very inexpensive to build- diodes are very cheap for ~1.5 W-- buy from members-- lots of great host makers- these were the first we got back then-- Blue went from the most expensive to the cheapest very quick-- be happy to send you a few--but do protect your eyes -- be smart about static -- short all caps and no touch until your driver is soldered--enjoy lasers and LPF

hak
update- I would rather not give away 445 diodes to those too young to stay safe.. sorry

Giannis_TDM

update- I would rather not give away 445 diodes to those too young to stay safe.. sorry
I think that beyond that you should ask for a picture of his goggles. I recently bought an OD6 pair myself since they upgraded it from OD5.

dreaming

Created a video, burning a match and comparing the LASERs
That song will never get old. Great choice!

Thank you for posting this, I have a very weak 405nm, but I definitely want to get a stronger one like yours, maybe a little more powerful. I have never been tempted to get into class iv stuff, though, outside of when I had to in the military. I tend to make dumb mistakes from time to time, and with something that strong, one mistake may very well be all it takes.

That song will never get old. Great choice!

Thank you for posting this, I have a very weak 405nm, but I definitely want to get a stronger one like yours, maybe a little more powerful. I have never been tempted to get into class iv stuff, though, outside of when I had to in the military. I tend to make dumb mistakes from time to time, and with something that strong, one mistake may very well be all it takes.

just wondering-- are you sure your 405 is underpowered?
1W looks very dim but will blind you in less than .25 seconds if it hits the center of your eye.
Does it 'smoke' black paper (etc) instantly? if so it may be 1 full W-- the best way would be a LPM. By the location you have in your profile I think I can say there are no members near you who have a LPM.
...too- bad ...members will meter free anytime any laser.
Some have shipped lasers to Vets owning meters to calibrate and send back= free afaik..

also 405s overheat easily. And sometimes they do not completely die --we call those 'zombies--the living dead'
btw never power one up any diode without a good heatsink.
ps
You may have already known all this but I give it anyway.
good luck--hak

dreaming

just wondering-- are you sure your 405 is underpowered?
1W looks very dim but will blind you in less than .25 seconds if it hits the center of your eye.
Does it 'smoke' black paper (etc) instantly? if so it may be 1 full W-- the best way would be a LPM. By the location you have in your profile I think I can say there are no members near you who have a LPM.
...too- bad ...members will meter free anytime any laser.
Some have shipped lasers to Vets owning meters to calibrate and send back= free afaik..

also 405s overheat easily. And sometimes they do not completely die --we call those 'zombies--the living dead'
btw never power one up any diode without a good heatsink.
ps
You may have already known all this but I give it anyway.
good luck--hak
Afaik my violet is a 30mw model 900 ebay special (lol) so it's like one step above a fancy uv flashlight, I've heard it will burn if focused properly but I'm waiting until my better eagle pair goggles arrive before I try any burning. I'm going to either order a Sanwu 405nm or have someone on this forum build one.