Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My 1.6W G84 Tri-Beam Red Laser!

BobMc

Lildutchboy7;1453507. said:
~~~I'm glad I inspired to to make one of your own:D. ~~~~~~
I've got some brass hosts and copper hosts coming from EP so I'd sure like to stick a g84 in one of those. Think it would feel a nice and comfortable there. I remember reading that Sanwu offered you a diode and driver? Hoping they do the same. Be a nice Christmas present to myself!

Last edited:
Awesome on all counts.
Love the host and the focus adaptor too.
Well done, can't rep you again but I will as soon as I can.

RB

I gotta know what happens when you add a 3x BE to this...

Alright so I threw it on there and it seem that it tightens up the beam significantly! It makes the lines quite a bit smaller in width and also seems to bring them together some too. It also seems to remove the little wings that each dot/bar has. You know, the little lines that hang off the main emmission(s):p

I have pictures but its hard to tell the difference. I'll try some different angles and see what I can do.

Last edited:

BobMc

Crashed and burned. Sanwu got back with me said they can't sell just the diode. It's how they make their money so I understand. But it would have been nice. I'll keep my eyes out for one and you never know what or when something might pop. Gotta get one for my collection. Maybe Santa,you never know? (naaa, that means I'd have to have something in the good column).:thinking:

Last edited:
Crashed and burned. Sanwu got back with me said they can't sell just the diode. It's how they make their money so I understand. But it would have been nice. I'll keep my eyes out for one and you never know what or when something might pop. Gotta get one for my collection. Maybe Santa,you never know? (naaa, that means I'd have to have something in the good column).

Haha:crackup: Hopefully santa is bringing me a nice yellow this year :whistle:

Either that or a super decked out NUBM44;)

I thought about selling this one but since we can't seem to really get our hands on this diode often I don't think I will. I am really trying for a collection of unusual lasers (colors, beams, hosts, and lenses) and this one definitely fits in :D

Last edited:

BobMc

Haha:crackup: Hopefully santa is bringing me a nice yellow this year :whistle:

Either that or a super decked out NUBM44;)

I thought about selling this one but since we can't seem to really get our hands on this diode often I don't think I will. I am really trying for a collection of unusual lasers (colors, beams, hosts, and lenses) and this one definitely fits in :D

I'd sure hang on to that laser she one for the books. Enjoy that laser, she's a beaut. Thinking in time something will come down the tracks, things generally do. Just have to be patient and keep a look out. But in case you got Santa ear, put a good word in for me would you, thanks ( need all the help I can get ) heee

Man this is a really cool build! Hope I can figure out how to do a build some day. :crackup:

This is an Epic red diode!! I really want to make one of these and put it into a WOK phaser with sound effects! Cool! :kewlpics:

This reminds me of the tri-beam laser rifle from Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Great build and keep it up!

Here's an idea: Buy the Guardian with this diode, dissect it, and you get an awesome diode/driver for whatever you want them for, and a beautiful host to boot!

BobMc

Here's an idea: Buy the Guardian with this diode, dissect it, and you get an awesome diode/driver for whatever you want them for, and a beautiful host to boot!

"DISSECT THE GUARDIAN !!??" Your grounded! Go to your room !! Where's my nitroglycerin pills, I'm going to have a coronary. Heeee. :D Guess you figured out I was a Guardian fan. I have one of these tri-beam Guardians and it's s great unit. That's one way to get a g84 diode but, oooch, their about a 400.00 unit. I thinking just keep your eyes open and one will show up eventually ??? Hopefully

Ps. Forgot to welcome you to the forum. Most members here aren't as old and grumpy as me. So welcome and be safe. While I run out and get some more nitro pills for your next post. (Kidding) Welcome,enjoy and be safe. :)

Last edited:
"DISSECT THE GUARDIAN !!??" Your grounded! Go to your room !! Where's my nitroglycerin pills, I'm going to have a coronary. Heeee. :D Guess you figured out I was a Guardian fan. I have one of these tri-beam Guardians and it's s great unit. That's one way to get a g84 diode but, oooch, their about a 400.00 unit. I thinking just keep your eyes open and one will show up eventually ??? Hopefully

Ps. Forgot to welcome you to the forum. Most members here aren't as old and grumpy as me. So welcome and be safe. While I run out and get some more nitro pills for your next post. (Kidding) Welcome,enjoy and be safe. :)

$100 less than that, actually. :D

Thanks for the welcome! I'm loving this place so far. :thanks:

Last edited: