Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Music preferences

I did a search and couldn't find a thread about this anywhere.

IMO this is always a popular topic in forums. The specific purpose here is to state your favourite genres/artists and why you like them/favourite songs etc.

I would also like some discussion of the merits of different genres and comparisons etc, but this can very easily turn into flaming, so please try to keep it civil. Keep in mind no criticisms of genres are personal, view it as a learning experience to hear the opinion of someone who listens to something you may not like. :yh:

I may give my own opinions a bit further down but not in the OP because then this thread would probably seem a bit like an excuse for me to force my opinions upon you :p

I like pretty much all music. Don't like much rap...but I've listened to some NWA in my time :shhh:

I've damaged my hearing a bit with my metal...whoops :oops:

I did a search and couldn't find a thread about this anywhere.
orly? Do you know how to search? :na:

http://laserpointerforums.com/f57/what-music-do-you-like-49722.html
http://laserpointerforums.com/f57/what-music-does-lpf-users-like-48403.html
http://laserpointerforums.com/f58/lpf-music-tread-35916.html
http://laserpointerforums.com/f57/songs-make-you-really-sad-45584.html

I listen to mostly rap/r&b/pop.
Most of it being pre-1999 as the mainstream today is foooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooolish :p
Just catchy hooks with verses as filler.
Though I do not limit myself to these genres.
I like a bit of everything :D

lol well searching music brings up hundreds of threads

My favourite band is Megadeth definitely, then Iced Earth. I also have a somewhat more limited interest in bands like Iron maiden, Metallica, Slayer. I used to be a big GnR fan but I think i've mostly moved on to heavier stuff. I like classical once in a while, Beethoven is my favourite composure. Favourites of his are Waldstein sonata, Moonlight sonata and Presto agitato, not sure what that is translated.
The only rap i've ever liked was Eminem lol, maybe that makes me racist :D
I can barely stand pop these days too. Its so blatantly mindless and clichéd. Its depressing seeing everyone drinking it in with such enthusiasm.

I've damaged my hearing a bit with my metal...whoops :oops:

lol I saw Megadeth in June at Cork. I couldnt hear anything for half an hour afterwards :D
luckily the hearing has returned, guess I should just limit the number of concerts.

Last edited:
i'm a trance and electronic guy. i love raving!!! although now that i know a little bit about scanners, the laser shows aren't as fun because i see misaligned beams, lights not being in sync with the music, etc =(

michael

Kevlar

I guess it's easier to say what I don't like: Country, pop, jazz, and top 40s, that type of stuff.

I like a little of everything, including classical.

General rule of thumb for me is: The harder and heavier, the better :eg:

My favorite artists are:
Daft Punk
Electric Light Orchestra
El Ten Eleven
trash80
Jean Michel Jarre
Philip Glass
Yo Yo Ma
Probspot

I'm a huge SACD collector and I work part-time at the SuperAudio Center in Boulder. I'm actually building a 445 for Gus Skinas, if anyone knows who that is - he's a laser guy as well as an audio guy. (Worked on the Pink Floyd DSOTM 30th Anniversary Remaster.)

Yes, I know most people will think I'm crazy and throw their iPods at me in disgust and want to break the tubes in my tube amps. :p I expect that kind of ridicule, but it's what I'm into so the variety is pretty wide.

I don't think there's only one genre that i'm into.

Rafa

lol well searching music brings up hundreds of threads

My favourite band is Megadeth definitely, then Iced Earth. I also have a somewhat more limited interest in bands like Iron maiden, Metallica, Slayer. I used to be a big GnR fan but I think i've mostly moved on to heavier stuff. I like classical once in a while, Beethoven is my favourite composure. Favourites of his are Waldstein sonata, Moonlight sonata and Presto agitato, not sure what that is translated.
The only rap i've ever liked was Eminem lol, maybe that makes me racist :D
I can barely stand pop these days too. Its so blatantly mindless and clichéd. Its depressing seeing everyone drinking it in with such enthusiasm.

lol I saw Megadeth in June at Cork. I couldnt hear anything for half an hour afterwards :D
luckily the hearing has returned, guess I should just limit the number of concerts.

Oh yeah, another megadeth fan.

My favourite band is megadeth too, i also like metallica and all those thrash shit. Annihilator, Pantera (post '90) etc etc