Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

MS Envy - New Generation of Magic Stick Hosts - Prototyping 26650/18650 Host thread!

IsaacT

Hey sinner what about this....you make a set screw near the front of the laser to secure the innards, but instead of just having the hole gaping there, widen the outer portion of the hole to be the tripod mounting hole. That way the hole serves a purpose.

|Mounting Hole||Hex Sized Hole||Interior Parts Module||Wall of Host|

If needed I can draw it; I know describing such ideas is not easy verbally.

Thanks,
Isaac

PS - If anyone wants to sell their MS-V4 let me know! I want to widen my MS-V4 collection to include more wavelengths.

Last edited:

sinner

Hey sinner what about this....you make a set screw near the front of the laser to secure the innards, but instead of just having the hole gaping there, widen the outer portion of the hole to be the tripod mounting hole. That way the hole serves a purpose.

|Mounting Hole||Hex Sized Hole||Interior Parts Module||Wall of Host|

If needed I can draw it; I know describing such ideas is not easy verbally.

Thanks,
Isaac

PS - If anyone wants to sell their MS-V4 let me know! I want to widen my MS-V4 collection to include more wavelengths.

That is a brilliant idea, I was also considering doing something like this..

:thanks: WBS

- Setscrew the driver and the pill:​
- Will make it a super easy build, and taking it apart at the same time for replacing diode/module/driver etc. (if need be)

- Using a tripod (perfect for shots, lpm readings) Also when the tripod mount is not in use a small plug insert/cover hex with a lanyard/cord extending to the focus adapter dust protector/insert?

- Profit?

IsaacT

Profit indeed :) Other ideas could be a clip that is fastened to the laser via the same size screw as the tripod mount, so that when not mounted one can hang it from something like a belt loop. I am glad you understood what I meant. Having numerous set screw type host/heatsink combos in the past has made me think about the possibilities one could make use of.

These are all great ideas! I wouldn't think twice about ordering my next Magic Stick w/ a feature like this!

One last thought...keyed pill and heatsink design...
Jeff (FlaminPyro) has used this configuration in some of his exotic custom jobs, and it looks sharp as hell. Considering the word on the street regarding his work, it's a viable idea.

sinner

You're right, that is some great work but you're saying i should forget the entire concept of this thread :thinking: That would be a complete redesign good sir!

No, sir. That is not what I meant. Your design is great. I just thought maybe the keyed pill idea to turn w/ the heatsink/head might make the build look and feel the same, but make the assembly easier.

Carry on..you know far more about this than I.

sinner

Well, I get what you're saying.. Sorry i misunderstood! How would i insert a key that long though.. And pill would need a setscrew anyway?

Anyhow, I got this pretty much figured out and going to make the host coming weekend!!

So far,

- Semi-pressfit (11.93mm) + setscrew (diode module)
- Pressfit Pill (Same as OP)

Building:

Insert Pill , two wires should pop out of the host
Solder wires to diode pressed in module, Insert module + tighten!

Removal:
Loose set screw and take out module, desolder diode pins, Press/impact the pill and it will pop out from the battery side! :beer:

sinner

Got the new 18650 version finished, Finally can start production on these soon!

EDIT: OP Updated with New Host images

lwnkj.jpg

6pvmnd.jpg

v7cn77.jpg

2qtegzb.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the update Sinner :beer: Very exciting! Looking forward to the final product :)

~ LB

sinner

Thank LB :thanks: Final product will soon be available!

Will be keeping an eye out for it. Thanks for getting the Secret Weapon out to SBA too. Very excited :D

~ LB

If there is a list for the first go ckunt me in. I love your hosts.

sinner

Sure thing Troy, I'll let you know as soon as they become available.. :D!

Got my 16340 version in the mail yesterday :beer:

I allready did some polishing and i cleaned up the positive battery contact:

2yc2.jpg

riit.jpg

go5w.jpg

Good looking host :beer: :beer:

Now for the question what to build in it :evil: