Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

mrray banned and firewall blocked ip

Status
Not open for further replies.

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
asa(config)# object-group network bannedppl
asa(config-network)# net
asa(config-network)# network-object h
asa(config-network)# network-object host mrraysiphere

i have banned and blocked him at ASA firewall not just b/c the threats he made that upset a lot of ppl, but b/c ~2hrs time wasted on stuff due to him.

there is a lot of effart (lol) required maintain server/firewall, this type of drama really need to mimimize b/c ver yhard for me and simon to handle it all.

i think we need to have a new ban category for causing wasted time lol

if anyone disagrees w/ my decision plz let me know but im pretty sure overall the forum will benefit and wasted time due to him is now over since he is banned and firewalled out

peace all
enjoy forum

-ave

Thanks to YOU Avery, we now CAN have "PEACE" on the Forum. Great job & I think I speak for most Members, GREAT IDEA ALSO !!!!!!!! rob

Wish I knew what this joker did? If he was threatening other LPF members thats really bad.
Looks like c0ld went out of his way again. To keep LPF healthy and clean, as usual.
THANKS!

Sorry Dave.... I didn't check rpaloalto's post count...:yabbem:
One would need at least 1000 posts to see the link I posted...

Jerry

Sorry Dave.... I didn't check rpaloalto's post count...:yabbem:
One would need at least 1000 posts to see the link I posted...

Jerry

I'm getting there, slowly but surely;)
With the new banishment on ban threads, and not being a vet, it kinda sucks not being in the know.
I hate to say it but I kinda miss the drama.
Their were a few members, Who with out a doubt deserved to be band, like darkarmy. That was pretty funny, to watch the whole thing unfold.:crackup:

Last edited:
I'm getting their, slowly but surely;)
With the new banishment on ban threads, and not being a vet, it kinda sucks not being in the know.
I hate to say it but I kinda miss the drama.
Their were a few members, Who with out a doubt deserved to be band, like darkarmy. That was pretty funny, to watch the whole thing unfold.:crackup:

heheh yeah it was pretty fun.

MrRay threatened to hack a few members and the forum itself.
It caused MrRay's banishment and the removal of Simon as a mod.
But then Avery, for some reason, unbanned ray and gave Simon his mod status back.
But after that Avery had to spend a few hours to clean up a few things due to MrRay and he got pissed so he decided to ban him again.

That's pretty much it.

heheh yeah it was pretty fun.

MrRay threatened to hack a few members and the forum itself.
It caused MrRay's banishment and the removal of Simon as a mod.
But then Avery, for some reason, unbanned ray and gave Simon his mod status back.
But after that Avery had to spend a few hours to clean up a few things due to MrRay and he got pissed so he decided to ban him again.

That's pretty much it.

What! he wanted to hack some of us LPF members, thats not cool.
Thanks for filling me in crazy jay.

What! he wanted to hack some of us LPF members, thats not cool.
Thanks for filling me in crazy jay.

He originally went after TJ. Then me and a few others aside from the threat of the whole forum itselt.

Quite a bit more to the story but its over now. We have to watch out for each other. It's a lesson we should all learn

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
simoon mod remvoal temporarily was not had to do anything with the mrray situation at all, it was about some picture comments made that other members got upset about. i personally never thought simon did anything wrong but it upset a lot of other ppl at the time.

regarding the mrray situation, i work in IT security field and personally do not think he has any technical skills at all to do any of the threats he said and that he was just goofing around. some ppl found the threats very serious so i decided to ban, overall he was adding no value.

i encouraged ppl to report the internet crime to ic3.gov as i can't really do anything about the IRC threats as i dont control that. also it wasted at least 5 hours of my time having to deal with the silly situation.

i apologize for confusion about the whole situation its jut very hard for me to keep up with silly fights like this, i try to make maintaining server and firewall (technical stuff) my primary focus and it is not easy getting involved in these time consuming / fight situations. i did analyze logs and saw no indication or mrray or other users attempting any hacks targeting LPF

i had no joke at least 70 emails to go thru about the whole situation =) in the future if ppl cause big time to be wasted like mrray they will just be banned to do the fact they are upsetting so many other ppl and causing wasted time

Status
Not open for further replies.