Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Moving to vBulletin - Please post on new LPF

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Hi All,

please post new stuff too http://www.laserpointerforums.com/laser_pointer_forums_3/forum/login.php?do=lostpw
Request new password for the new LPF and it will be emailed to you

I will not be doing another import of data so anything posted here rather than the new site will not be moved to new LPF

Please email me with any suggestions on new vbulletin site

I will be making other skins... I have a free skin on http://vbskinworks.com .. whichever one members vote for i will use for a new skin

again, plz email me atarasov atttt hushmail.com with any suggestions or help needed

i will be working on this all weekend

the old YaBB forum will remain up until the new site is thoroughly tested, but i do not want to do another import of fresh data b/c it will take an entire day to do so. therefore any new posts here will probably not be possible to move to the new lpf

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
hey guys, just wanted to reiterate that we can add new skins to vBulletin

first just want to make sure all features are working properly, as that is most important of anything

all data should have been imported successfully, except reputation can't possibly be moved over

however , i will give reputation to anyone who had a lot here before and for ppl that help testing=)

peace!!

-avery

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
unfortunately we need to move away from yabb.. we have outgrown a flatfile system for storage

vbulletin is backed with a database and will include much better search functions, and more features too

I would move, but I can't login. When I try to register, it tells me that my username is either unavailable, or doesn't meet the guidelines. It gives me the option of emailing my password if I forgot it, but when I enter my email address, it tells me it doesn't recognize it. Any help would be great..

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
are u sure the email u have on LPF is valid? it would send an email to that address on file

^Same for me, oops as well. I sent cold a message through the *new* forum to ask him to send the new password manually.

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
i reset the email in the new LPF, plz let me know if it works now when u request new password for new site

perhaps you should disable this site for now? or make a deadline? doesn't seem like too many are switching over. perhaps they need to be FORCED! :p