Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Moving to China?

Naw, those communists aren't as EVIL as they were in the past. One of my relatives lived through the Tienanmen Square Massacre. He moved fast. But today, they won't really kill you.
P.S. You seem to be trailing my posts! :na:

Are you sure you want to move to China?

There, they have serious corruption and worst of all internet censorship, that means no Google, no Facebook, no YouTube, no nothing. Not to mention the horrible hygiene as well.
Other than those, everthing else (hopefully) is fine.

Just a friendly reminder, no offense. Or maybe you can ask Gray how its like.

My opinion is that you should really try to understand the place more before going there, otherwise you will regret.

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Thanks for all the amazing replies, guys, I'm really excited now :p
'Blow up the moon'?! :drool:
and yes, I speak Mandarin quite well. Just see my post in the 'Post a picture of yourself'. I'm Asian!
Alright, CNI, Osram, loose laws, overspec-ness, cheap ness, ... gonna be a fun time.
@PiRSquared: Sorry, reason for going there is private. ;)

Osram is German, btw. And CNI is apparently going to stop making handhelds (no surprise), so I guess snatch then up while you can/if you can.

and visit the SEG in shenzhen and take pictures for me...I want to go there very badly :p

Haha ok. Well, I know that they do get strict on some laws in China, like religion. They find out you are teaching Christianity ⛪, they will throw you in jail right away. �� Actually, I heard they just force their prisoners to do free labor for the government. Maybe that's why some things are so cheap to make over there. :thinking: Please correct me if I'm getting my facts mixed up.

you can make that go away with..... MONNNEY

I agree with everyone over here, they are pretty corrupt.
However, this is not myself deciding, but my dad.
They will not censor out Everything. However, Youtube will be gone so I'll have to deal with that.:yabbmad: and best of all, LASERPOINTERFORUMS IS NOT BLOCKED! :D:D:D
@crazyspaz: Sorry not shenzhen. [Gah, gotta spread rep arovnd...]
Overall it's gonna happen. I'm going to roll in the LASERS!:p

In my dreams.:crackup:

Last edited:
oh great

They are now driving TANKS and troop carriers and infantry fighting vehicles into the city.
For_you_info.png

For_you_info_2.png

Cubote

Ineed, lasers in China are much cheaper as far as i can see because i have been there several times. I guess they may have low payment for labors. That's the reason they got all cheap things.

upaa27

Ineed, lasers in China are much cheaper as far as i can see because i have been there several times. I guess they may have low payment for labors. That's the reason they got all cheap things.

The quality of lasers there are also terrible. That another reason why they are so cheap.

That is most certainly true. But who cares :p.
I'll introduce another thread about what it's like when I get there.

Most lasers there arent the best quality but if you get lucky you might get a nice one. They are also very cheap and if you speak Mandarin dont forget to ask for a lower price because they will usually sell it to you. I bought a green laser with a diffraction grating attached from beijing and brought it back to the us with no problems.

Last edited:

LSRFAQ

Remember, Their system can and will place quality control in the hands of the buyer when you haggle for lower prices. Expect to have to inspect what you buy, possibly without right to return if defective. The seller may have little cultural obligation to sell you the best he/she has.

A whole new version of "Buyer Beware".

Assuming your in the US now,
When you come back to the states, you may face a limitation on what you can being back. The import form (FDA 2877 for lasers) states a maximum of three unapproved personal laser items.

Steve

Last edited: