Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Moving to China?

NRGLite

Hi everybody,
There is a possibility that I will be moving to China in the near future. Can I take advantage of the lasers :)eg: overspec, cheap :drool:) over there? Or will it be even worse 'cause... they're Chinese lasers? :na:

upaa27

There are some really good Chinese laser companies there like CNI an it is very close to nichia etc.

Last edited:
Care to let us in on why you may move to China? Do you speak Mandarin? or do you think you can learn? If so then it could be a great opportunity. China probably has a great future. They will soon surpass the United States as the dominant force in the world. As for the lasers I am sure you will have no trouble buying and owning lasers there, its bringing them back that could be a problem.

Alan

Last edited:

upaa27

Really cool finds in china! Although I am going to call bs on 8w in something as small as that. If he shot his hands for 2 seconds without getting his hand burned up he has some really tough skin. I got an accidental burn from 1 second of 1.5w

Hap

Super Moderator
Staff member
So many lasers in one place......IT'S HEAVEN :D

-Alex

EpicHam

Hi everybody,
There is a possibility that I will be moving to China in the near future. Can I take advantage of the lasers :)eg: overspec, cheap :drool:) over there? Or will it be even worse 'cause... they're Chinese lasers? :na:
the good thing about Chinese lasers is the regulation there is so loose , you can have a laser that can blow up the moon and the officials won't care.

Just be careful of the lemons.

NRGLite

Thanks for all the amazing replies, guys, I'm really excited now :p
'Blow up the moon'?! :drool:
and yes, I speak Mandarin quite well. Just see my post in the 'Post a picture of yourself'. I'm Asian!
Alright, CNI, Osram, loose laws, overspec-ness, cheap ness, ... gonna be a fun time.
@PiRSquared: Sorry, reason for going there is private. ;)

EpicHam

Thanks for all the amazing replies, guys, I'm really excited now :p
'Blow up the moon'?! :drool:
and yes, I speak Mandarin quite well. Just see my post in the 'Post a picture of yourself'. I'm Asian!
Alright, CNI, Osram, loose laws, overspec-ness, cheap ness, ... gonna be a fun time.
@PiRSquared: Sorry, reason for going there is private. ;)
You try that and get back to us.
where I live for example.
Hong Kong...

We have lasers and high powered spotlights coming out of every building every night.

You can fall back first onto a street and find fake Rubycon capacitors by the bucket.

Its a place OBSESSED with lasers

If you are able to, update the forum and let us know what it's like over there if you do end up going! Also lemme know how many beams u see in the sky! Lol, wonder what the laser laws are like in China :thinking:.

EpicHam

If you are able to, update the forum and let us know what it's like over there if you do end up going! Also lemme know how many beams u see in the sky! Lol, wonder what the laser laws are like in China :thinking:.
laws?
China?
lol?

NRGLite

It probably won't be full of laser crazers, but anyways, it will be greater than over here in legit, law-abiding America :crackup:.

Haha ok. Well, I know that they do get strict on some laws in China, like religion. They find out you are teaching Christianity , they will throw you in jail right away. �� Actually, I heard they just force their prisoners to do free labor for the government. Maybe that's why some things are so cheap to make over there. :thinking: Please correct me if I'm getting my facts mixed up.

Last edited: