Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Moving Sale- 3W MagLite, Ophir LPM, Groove & Custom C6 Host(s), Heatsink, Drivers etc

Re: ALL MUST GO- 3W MagLite, OPHIR, Groove & C6 Hosts, Heatsink, Drivers- PRICE DROPS

LPM price drop (lowest I can go)
10x C6 host & case price drop- On sale for 1 week then splitting them up for individual sale (basically $35/host with free case or $30/host with $50 case :na:)
3W (3150mW) MagLite is the last available laser

EDIT: BTW havent been to the post office to get price of shipping case yet Adam but I have not forgotten

Last edited:

Re: ALL MUST GO- 3W MagLite, OPHIR, Groove & C6 Hosts, Heatsink, Drivers- PRICE DROPS

EDIT: BTW havent been to the post office to get price of shipping case yet Adam but I have not forgotten

No problem. Thanks :yh:

rhd

LPM price drop (lowest I can go)

What are you asking for it? I'm not sure I can justify a second LPM, but the ability to go up to 10W would be nice.

I can't find a photo of the LPM in this thread, so is it the same as this one?
http://laserpointerforums.com/f70/introducing-10w-rubicon-x-lpm-85734.html#post1242322

And in your OP, you say you paid $600 + shipping for it, but the Rubicon thread says it is $500 shipping included new. Did it just go down in price after you bought it? I've been out of the loop for a while - sorry for all the Qs.

Yes same one as that plus I have a review of it floating around somewhere. Also just so everyone knows and I don't have to answer this anymore; Yes you COULD buy this for $500 back a 6 months ago when Alex had a supply of them and/or Ophir sensors. Now he cant buy any Ophir sensors and they are very hard to come by. If you own one now then hold on to it and take care of it. Before last week there hasn't been a Ophir 20C-A-1-Y sensor for sale in roughly 6 months. Speedy just sold his for what I believe was WAY too cheap. These sensors are ~$1500 new from Ophir. The model below this one is listed for $1045 on Ophirs website and the 20C-A is listed as not available anymore.

We were more than spoiled with the fleabay seller who sold them for $200-300 and to tell you the truth I wish I bought 4 at $250/ea since they will only go up in price. According to Alex; I was advised not to sell mine since the chances are I will never own another Ophir, ever again. However medical bills are more important than a super high tech LPM :na:

Also found out that the parts to build an Ophir is well over the $250 that they originally sold for last year on fleabay. IMHO I think that seller obtained them in a not so legal or shady way. However since none of us know how he originally obtained them and no one came looking for stolen Ophir sensors, I cant complain too much on finding the deal of the year.

Basically long story short is I only bought the meter itself from Alex. I obtained my own Ophir sensor and its in brand new shape (~20-30 meters total on sensor). Always been stored in a locked safe. Comparable Ophir sensors sell for $600 on fleabay for just the sensor. I could probably get more for the sensor on fleabay if I wait long enough but then that's like 15% in fees to account for and could wait 4 months for it to sell.

This isn't something for everyone and based on what I can see, LPF doesn't believe in the shortage of Ophir sensors or they are just hopeful someone will find a box of them and sell them for $50/ea. I mean heck, I hope for that too since I will buy 10 of them! However the chances of that are less than 1%. I am starting to doubt this will go to a LPF member but who knows, only time will tell

rhd

Got it - thanks for clarifying.

I had no idea Ophirs were selling for $600 on eBay now, I bought mine for $200 and $225. Knowing that, I'm going to go the opposite route and sell my extra on eBay (though I'll wait till you're done with your sale here / eBay so that it doesn't impact your sale). I had planned to hold on to it as a spare, but for $600, I could certainly do better things with / really make use of that cash.

Would you consider selling just the Rubicon LPM, minus the sensor? I could use it with my Ophir sensor, and it would accomplish the same objective of getting me an upgrade to a 10W LPM. I believe my driver/display is currently limited to 5 (or maybe even 4) Watts.

Last edited:

Yes I am willing to sell the meter itself if I sell the sensor first. I was going to offer it to Jeff in case he wanted to use it with his new sensor but since you asked first then I will let you know

illiam

Im interested in c6 host you have for sale. Love the look of the host. I would like to put a red diode in the host. But iam a newb so if you could suggest a diode and driver to achieve 800-1200mw to complete this host would be great.

Best suggestion is find a red build that you like on here and buy the same diode and driver they used. Everyone has personal favorites so what I suggest might not be what you want. Anyways you basically have 635nm or 650nm

illiam

Best suggestion is find a red build that you like on here and buy the same diode and driver they used. Everyone has personal favorites so what I suggest might not be what you want. Anyways you basically have 635nm or 650nm

So i understand correctly your c6 host wont takke a red diode?:thinking:

No, didn't say that at all, it will take any diode that fits in a 12mm module (basically wont take a C-Mount diode)

I suggested finding a build you liked (i.e. power and wavelength) and using the same diode and driver they did.

If it were up to me I'd say grab a 635nm diode and pump it to the max but not everyone is willing to do that so asking my opinion on what you should build is useless. You are the one building the laser not me, so you should build what you will be happy with and enjoy, not what I suggest you build.

illiam

Thank you for clarifing. Iam still learning. I have looked at alot of your hosts they look fantastic. That c6 host though i just keep coming back to:drool:. I ll do some research and hopefully figure things out that fit what iam going for. Your opinion helps me.

Last edited:

https://sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf/home/diodes

Any diode found there will fit in the C6 hosts. Drivers depend on what diode you get but most of the time DTR has an option with a driver already attached to the diode. Leaves the guess work out on your end

rhd

https://sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf/home/diodes

Any diode found there will fit in the C6 hosts. Drivers depend on what diode you get but most of the time DTR has an option with a driver already attached to the diode. Leaves the guess work out on your end

Hard to go wrong with this option for $100:
Mitsubishi 500mW 638 Diode In Copper Module W/850mA X-Drive & Three Element Glass lens
https://sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf/home/diodes/mitsubishi-635nm-500mw-diodes

Last edited:

Im interested in c6 host you have for sale. Love the look of the host. I would like to put a red diode in the host. But iam a newb so if you could suggest a diode and driver to achieve 800-1200mw to complete this host would be great.

If having that much power isn't completely necessary, I have recently built a 300ish mW (estimated) 660nm laser in a C6 host. I used the "LPC826" diode (around $12 on eBay) and a round driver set to 445mA IIRC from SurvivalLasers. If you can solder then that build is a breeze.
And if you wanted that much power so you could burn stuff... This one lights matches too :D

Updated sold list/what is left

If I end up getting that case, can you throw in a tripod for an extra $10?