Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Movie Star Lasers

I decided to post this thread in multimedia as there is a strong possibility that I'll be posting some video clips here in the future.

I have been presented with an opportunity to have my personal laser systems featured on an internationally distributed television program. I cannot provide any details at the moment as I am under a non-disclosure agreement until this comes to fruition. I'll have to pack up my lasers and travel across the country to have them filmed doing what they do best...burning stuff. We are in the research phase now, and will then move into a feasibility study. If things still look good, let the filming begin!

By the way...I'm frickin' geeked!

daguin

Couldn't happen to a nicer, more deserving person.

I'll keep a light on for you

Peace,
dave

It's not my intention to tease but I cannot reveal any details at this time. I don't want to do anything that might jeopardize this opportunity but it's hard not to say anything. I will not be representing the company I work for. Because this opportunity will utilize my personal laser systems, it is more a demonstration of the enthusiast realm. It all depends on how they set up the shoot and what they need the lasers to do. I can certainly see a huge increase in laser hobbyists when this is aired but who knows.

What country off the national tv? if i can't watch it post on youtube once its done.

It will be filmed in the United States but the program will be distributed worldwide to the countries that regularly air the program.

Hey, c'mon, they are running new episodes in the U.S. at the moment. One is the moon landing myths so I think you will see a laser in that one (the moon ranging system).

Ace82

Myth: Does ir actually burn your retina...

Myth Confirmed! ;D

Myth: Can a pilot get blinded from hundreds of feet above the ground...

Myth Busted!

Seriously though, FrothyChimp, thanks for sharing your excitement. When do you anticipate we will be able to watch?

I just don't know. This is my first experience with this and I have no clue how long the cycle from concept to airing is.

FrothyChimp said:
I can certainly see a huge increase in laser hobbyists when this is aired but who knows.

God, I certainly hope not. The last thing we need is more tards shining bright lasers up into the skies.

Hopefully though, that since this show will have an amazingly knowledgeable resident laser god, it's producers will actually allow truthful, realistic information that will educate the masses and provide us with some good PR. The public deserves to know the truth about these things, to know they're not as dangerous as the media makes them out to be.

I think it'll be mythbusters too.