Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Most hostile forum i've ever seen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't help you with nd filters as I have zero experience with them.

One tip though, the built in forum search sucks here; it just doesn't do a good job at all. When searching at LPF, be sure to use the Google search box, it returns more valid results.

I havn't been doing that but I will start. the search does suck, but also it seams nobody really cares about reducing laser power. so ND filter info is scarce already

I can't help you with nd filters as I have zero experience with them.

One tip though, the built in forum search sucks here; it just doesn't do a good job at all. When searching at LPF, be sure to use the Google search box, it returns more valid results.

yeah that worked well. I've been off forums for a year or two in general. I learned what i needed and moved on. Now I need new hobbies and the custom search on here by Google is new to me. I'm more into parts and pieces and i guess i'm even falling behind on software development. I feel like it's passing me Its so sad. I used to be on the top of the new trends, but you get old and time has different importance so you sacrifice one thing for another in order to fulfill ones life. In mind this is the reason why forums were created. So people could still be laser enthusiests, rocket scientist, photography experts, race car builder or drivers, and it starts here. In the forum. Where people are supposed to RABIDLY SHARE so others can fulfill their desires or dreams even.

To those who would rather say search than answer a question... how do feel about holding back those who may not have the time or ability to find what they need to prosper in their extracurricular life.:tsk::p

it may be dramatic but it proves a point about cooperation and openness. the quickest way to get rid of a noob is to make him no longer a noob.

To those who would rather say search than answer a question... how do feel about holding back those who may not have the time or ability to find what they need to prosper in their extracurricular life.:tsk::p

Our Collective Response to your dramatics and with all due respect . . .
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

... how do feel about holding back those who may not have the time
btw - A lack of time on your part does not equate to any obligation on our part.

Last edited:
yeah that worked well. I've been off forums for a year or two in general. I learned what i needed and moved on. Now I need new hobbies and the custom search on here by Google is new to me. I'm more into parts and pieces and i guess i'm even falling behind on software development. I feel like it's passing me Its so sad. I used to be on the top of the new trends, but you get old and time has different importance so you sacrifice one thing for another in order to fulfill ones life. In mind this is the reason why forums were created. So people could still be laser enthusiests, rocket scientist, photography experts, race car builder or drivers, and it starts here. In the forum. Where people are supposed to RABIDLY SHARE so others can fulfill their desires or dreams even.

it may be dramatic but it proves a point about cooperation and openness. the quickest way to get rid of a noob is to make him no longer a noob.

you're missing the point

if you cant take a little hostility, how are you going to react when you blow your first 50$ diode?

if some idiot blinds themselves using a laser they built with information from here, it creates a risk for the forum, it risks a tightening of laser restrictions in the country which the incident happened

if you cant figure out how to utilise the search function and find what you're looking for, how can you be expected to safely operate lasers without blinding yourself or attracting the attention of the law?

if you go to a gun forum and ask "how do i maek bullet?" you'll get shouted down worse than here, and rightly so. lasers are FUCKING DANGEROUS. the hostility is a filter. if you dont have the common sense to figure out how to build a laser yourself without being spoon-fed, how can you be expected to figure out, with your own common sense, what you can and cant safely do with a laser?

TJ would have chewed you up and spit u out by now. So chill out and ya take your bumps.

Last edited:
So that about says it all. Yeah i'm a noob, yeah I don't know much about lasers, but that's why i'm here.

I'm convinced veteran members are hazing new forum members to force them leave. They want to use this place for themselves and not let the community grow.

You know who you are.
:thanks:
Rant over.

You ask questions and when you don't get it SPOONFED to you
EXACTLY the way YOU want it you start crying like a little girl..

No one on this Forum OWES you anything.. We share information
because we want to. Not because we are required to do so..

Post #8 seems to say it all...:cryyy:

Perhaps you would be happier on some other Forum.
Don't let the door hit you is the a$$ on the way out...:eg:

Jerry

You can contact us at any time on our Website: J.BAUER Electronics

Last edited:
Okay I know this is a Brick, but enough is enough
- . . . Yeah i'm a noob, yeah I don't know much about lasers, but that's why i'm here.
- I'm convinced veteran members are hazing new forum members to force them leave

- . . . I'd like to gain the knowledge to get to where I want. . .
- I have a purpose,
- . . . I just want to accomplish a goal.
- I just wanted some help getting there because searching hasn't braught the answers
- that's what i'm talking about.
- . . . it's out there and i'm supposed to go sift for the needle.
- Well I have life obligations.
- When i was at overclockers.net I learned how to clock an amd 6 core . . .
- They were friendly. they helped me . . .
- I have my own stickies
- I bet you didn't know that
- I had a company paying me in product because I was so useful on their forum.
- . . . They wanted me as a mod
- . . . I'm ethical.
- . . . But the links don't answer my questions
- So i'm stuck.....stuck asking and searching and coming up with nothing.

- . . . I've been off forums for a year or two in general
- I learned what i needed and moved on
- . . . Now I need new hobbies
- . . . I'm more into parts and pieces and i guess i'm even falling behind . . .
- I feel like it's passing me Its so sad
- I used to be on the top of the new trends

Wow! 30+ I’s and Me’s in just 3 posts . . .

attachment.php

the quickest way to get rid of a noob is to make him no longer a noob.
You alone have sole control over your own destiny. You can either work hard to help yourself to grow and develop toward your full potential, or you can continue to embrace the sense of entitlement you have been spewing and simply get left behind playing the victim to an audience of none.

attachment.php

When i was at overclockers.net . . . their information was easily found because poeple posted better titles. and had a TON MORE information in their stickies

In mind this is the reason why forums were created. So people could still be laser enthusiests, rocket scientist, photography experts, race car builder or drivers, and it starts here. In the forum. Where people are supposed to RABIDLY SHARE so others can fulfill their desires or dreams even.

You are the guest here at LaserPointerForums and this is not some other forum of yours that panders to immature egotistical brats. And as a guest in our house, if you don’t like your experience here, you are more than welcome to leave and take your self-centered opinions with you. Just do yourself at least one favor and learn to use a damn spell checker.

Oh and btw -
attachment.php

Attachments

• Entitlement Grade.jpg
    Entitlement Grade.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 473
  • I Want - Not Fair.jpg
    I Want - Not Fair.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 1,548
  • There is no Spoon.jpg
    There is no Spoon.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 2,590
Last edited:
The most annoying thing for a vet is to have to explain to a noob what is a laser diode, or what is a driver, or why you must use goggles, or, what is a host. But this is the kind of crap that noobs ask over and over again. You think this forum is hostile you should see some of the science forums I hang out on. Try asking "ScienceGeek" aka "PhysicsBoy" how to compute flux in/out of an irregular surface or how you express dispersion in a lfuid in terms of differential equations and he'll ban your ass in no time flat. I've seen him do it. By comparison this forum is extremely forgiving.

There are plenty of helpful members on this forum. It's all a matter of how you approach them and the thoughtfulness of your questions.

OK-- the dishwasher is finished the dry cycle so out comes my biggest spoon-

first you could not be more wrong about the vets here or our attitude towards you and other newcomers-

without new members we will not be as healthy as a forum.

You didn't find what you sought because there prolly is NO info in the data base about the use of ND filter to lower lasers power enough to be eye safe. Most here wil prolly say there is no laser that is 'good' for the eyes-

AT first you said you wanted to take yr laser to a concert- that is still and will always be a bad idea-

BUT at a rave-

you would be OKay as long as nobody gets pissed about being face scanned... and that, my friend, may mean telling a few strangers( even foxy chicks) that 'NO --sorry... but I cannot let you 'play' with my laser'-- when you hand it over to anybody you are taking a huge risk with some innocent persons eyesight-

- they will not understand and prolly think you are a prick but you must stand your ground. You should *never* let anyone run off and cause you to lose any/all control over what they are doing plus once one person gets to handle it many more will also want to do the same and that can become a bad idea very fast.

about the diff. grates -- yes.. if a 100 mW laser goes thru a grating that make 100 beams they will be less than 1 mW each and at a rave keeping a grating one your laser may be a very smart move.

while we try to over-stress safe use and having proper eye ware the truth is this- once you are *EXPERIENCED*- you know where the safe zones(90% of the time) are and then the main reason for eye ware will be when taking measurements for divergance- doing LPM tests, aligment and set up. most of the time our glasses are around our necks or on our foreheads. IF you are very careful you can use your laser around others without them needing eyeware. But you cannot become experienced instantly- aint gonna happen.

and the 'show' is better without goggles.

trip glasses make the show even better.

Your best bet for a rave may be some cheap pointers- nothing you will lose sleep over if it gets taken from you. you can get gratings for them too.
stay hydrated and never take any pills from unknown sellers.-- :whistle:
hope you enjoy your rave
hak:p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.