Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Most effective dating websites (NOT Spam)

Which do you think is the best dating website?

• Match.com

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Zoosk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Plenty of Fish

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • eHarmony

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • OK Cupid

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Already in a relationship

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Have never used one, and wouldn't consider it

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Have never used one, but would consider it

Votes: 4 19.0%

• Total voters
I guess the X & Y chromosomes. Xx for females and XY for males. ??

There's also X, XXY, XYY, XXX, XXXX, XXXXX, XXXXY... figure those ones out! Oh, and XX can be male if one of the chromosomes has a SRY gene. :crackup:

Gender isn't necessarily binary, and not everyone identifies the same as what their ѕex chromosomes are. When in doubt, go with the Professor Oak approach.

Last edited:

There's also X, XXY, XYY, XXX, XXXX, XXXXX, XXXXY... figure those ones out! Oh, and XX can be male if one of the chromosomes has a SRY gene. :crackup:

Gender isn't necessarily binary, and not everyone identifies the same as what their ѕex chromosomes are. When in doubt, go with the Professor Oak approach.
Professor oak approach haha, so what you're trying to say is determining a human's s3xually orientation is not as simple as riding a bike??

Reactions: GSS
Why go to a dating web site when you can just order yourself a girl online? Well, I'm kidding about "ordering" but you can meet one this way, that's how I was able to find my wife from Ukraine, but through a free online web site for meeting women, not this one you have to pay to use, but this one has the best system. Although be careful, there are scammers mixed in with the lot who are just looking for money, will ask you to buy them a cell phone, or send money for internet. their son needs to go to a doctor or what ever, even asking you to send money for airline tickets which will never be purchased! The first thing some of the scammer pro's do is see if you would be willing to buy flowers to be sent to them, if you are, they know that they have a better chance at getting some cash out of you than those who won't, so don't send them flowers, money or anything like that, never.

A lot of men think women living in other countries want to come to the land of opportunity! Are just jumping at the idea of leaving their own countries to come here, NOT! Out of the available women in many of these Russian Federation countries, only 5 percent want to leave and I don't blame them, America/USA is no longer such a desirable place to be, that and they are quite comfortable in their own cultures to want to leave. My wife wouldn't even talk to me at first online because I was an American, we have a very bad reputation among women in these countries and I think for good reason, first of all, the kind of men who can't find a woman in their own country are often losers, but not all, I hope, I was one of the guys who found a girl from Ukraine online. I found a very nice feminine, charming, loving woman through searching online, maybe you can too. When she makes me dinner and we are done eating she always thanks me, and I always tell her I am the one to thank her for making dinner for me, but she sees it as thanking me for providing the food.

All of that stated about how many of these women over seas don't want to come to America, there are exceptions and you can find some of them here: Russian and Ukrainian dating with Chat and Video Chat for dating, relationships and marriage Note: Some of these girls will flat turn you down for being an American, so not all of them will consider us, that's why I wrote "you can find some of them here", but here's a bonus finding a girl from one of these countries, it isn't at all unusual for them to have a husband 10-15 years older than they are, not so common in the USA. My wife is 10 years younger :) Word to the wise, you can't just find a woman online and have them come over here, you have to go meet them and normally, you might need to meet with a dozen women over time to find someone compatible with you, I did, spent a lot of money traveling to meet women, but I did it while working in Afghanistan for five years, I had two months a year off and would spend that time going to different countries to meet these girls I had been chatting with online, until I found this one and then just kept seeing her alone. There wasn't anything quick about this, I went to Ukraine six times over a period of three years to be with her and also had her meet with me in Turkey, a country near her, twice, and even then after I returned to the USA it took a year of paperwork to get her the marriage visa to come over here.

I'm happy with my wife but I wouldn't do this again for another girl if things didn't work out, it just takes too much, unless you crave adventure, then do it, I did, but I'm adventured out now. I probably spent a lot more time than some guys do in this kind of process and for myself, I am sure it would have been much less trouble just to find a girl here in the USA, but I had a lot of fun looking :) - It's fun to look at the profiles of these girls online and think you are shopping for one, as if most of them would be interested in YOU, which isn't the reality, but the illusion sure is nice and some of them will be interested. Out of the women I met, the situation always was if I was interested they weren't, or if they were interested in me I wasn't interested in them for one reason or more... until I met Iuliia.

Last edited:
Ha, the more I know the less I realize I really know my friend. Wise is probably only relative and believe me, I'm more of a bone head than wise and have the knocks to prove it.

Wow Alaskan, that is a fantastic write up you did there, thanks for sharing. My maternal grandparents both were from Ukraine.
You really had an interesting 5+ year journey but it sure looks like there was a beautiful bride for you at the end of the rainbow. Very happy for you both!! :) Please say hi to Iuliia for me.

Thank you, I love the Ukraine people, only thing I was disappointed in when visiting the country was too much western influence had already seeded itself.

Words from the very wise Alaskan ;)

Ha, the more I know the less I realize I really know my friend. Wise is probably only relative and believe me, I'm more of a bone head than wise and have the knocks to prove it.

Wisdom comes from the combination of both knowledge and experience, one who has only knowledge but no experience is not yet wise.

Alan

Wisdom comes from the combination of both knowledge and experience, one who has only knowledge but no experience is not yet wise.

Alan

Well I suppose. I consider you a wise one also. I guess everything boils down to perspective and in my perspective there are a lot of people hear whose opinions have helped me rethink a few things.

OVNI

Well I suppose. I consider you a wise one also. I guess everything boils down to perspective and in my perspective there are a lot of people hear whose opinions have helped me rethink a few things.

In my experience one can study someone else's experiences thus obtain knowledge yet there really is no substitute for direct experience.