Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

MOAR Eye Candy From Hak

I saw 2 rattlers just up the road from my house when I was on my quad, I stopped and moved one of them off of the road. I tried to get him to rattle at me but he wouldn't, he just slithered off into the brush. The 2nd one was on the move so I didn't even get close to him. My ears ring and I really wanted to see if I can still hear their rattle, but those little bastards just wouldn't cooperate!

not rattling is fairly common in my experience- they would rather move on-- cornered tho --the rattle goes crazy-- fair warning-- 'I'm pissed now so dont tread on me!!' Utah and Texas have a lot of rattlesnakes. I do snake rescue here-- catch and release-- just trying to male up for all those I stupidly killed as a dumb kid--I like snakes more than some people I have met- they are honest- no BS or lies-.

three JETLASER 250s and my 445nm 650mW misty foggy night one was made moving the camera while taking a long exposure--
you can see the fine mist in the air.

A friend with a 1+watt 445 says in misty conditions he claims he could see the droplets 'steaming' guess that its possible. I was not there atm.

posting some stuff on my pop-up EM thread too

Attachments

• foggy night 3x JET 250s--Luke 445 003.jpg
    foggy night 3x JET 250s--Luke 445 003.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 165
  • foggy night 3x JET 250s--Luke 445 005.jpg
    foggy night 3x JET 250s--Luke 445 005.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 152
  • foggy night 3x JET 250s--Luke 445 007.jpg
    foggy night 3x JET 250s--Luke 445 007.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 153
  • JETL 250s(3) 532nm-445nm- 650mW .jpg
    JETL 250s(3) 532nm-445nm- 650mW .jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 153
  • foggy night 3x JET 250s--Luke 445 002.jpg
    foggy night 3x JET 250s--Luke 445 002.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 191
Great job. Just wondering how the first group of beam shots are photographed. Any special prism or optics used in assistance?

Sure Gray
I did those^^^ outside w/ alittle foggage. and I used a scrim - the green is a Dapper Disco laser(mirror on-a-spring insice. The 445 is a tunnel gun. camera motion ads a lot to it.
Below are
some from my mini LEM in Freeport Tx ;last Nov.2010

Attachments

• TEXLEM PRACTICE 020.jpg
    TEXLEM PRACTICE 020.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 149
  • TEXLEM PRACTICE 021.jpg
    TEXLEM PRACTICE 021.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 146
  • TEXLEM PRACTICE 023.jpg
    TEXLEM PRACTICE 023.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 118
  • TEXLEM PRACTICE 024.jpg
    TEXLEM PRACTICE 024.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 156
  • TEXLEM PRACTICE 041.jpg
    TEXLEM PRACTICE 041.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 120
  • TEXLEM PRACTICE 043.jpg
    TEXLEM PRACTICE 043.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 152
  • TEXLEM PRACTICE 044.jpg
    TEXLEM PRACTICE 044.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 145
  • TEXLEM PRACTICE 046.jpg
    TEXLEM PRACTICE 046.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
BUMP moar maor they cry MOAR!!

Attachments

• Andrew's PL-C 445-1000 w -diff grate 010.jpg
    Andrew's PL-C 445-1000 w -diff grate 010.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 138
  • foggy nite Denen 300-532 DTR 1 watt 445s jetlaser 250-532 FS 005.jpg
    foggy nite Denen 300-532 DTR 1 watt 445s jetlaser 250-532 FS 005.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 126
  • Andrew's PL-C 445-1000 w -diff grate 006.jpg
    Andrew's PL-C 445-1000 w -diff grate 006.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 147
  • litesabre 010.jpg
    litesabre 010.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 126
  • maddog and corbin and frieds 018.jpg
    maddog and corbin and frieds 018.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 121
  • TEXLEM PRACTICE 061.jpg
    TEXLEM PRACTICE 061.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 134
  • argon 10 mW FS 007.jpg
    argon 10 mW FS 007.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 132
long exposure.... in real it's all about adding TONS of smoke :( basicly it's just a pic and for real it's well a beam but kinda crap to be true :)

still nice pics though

NIce pics !
And I can't resist a little story about the rattlesnakes....
When I was younger my parents would pack us kids up and head out on "vacation" throughout the interior of BC.
As everyone knows, 3 kids & 2 adults in a car banging around the roads in the summertime, back before every car had air conditioning, drinking fluids means that every 30 minutes or so we would be on the side of the road for someone to "explore" the local flora and fauna.
So one of those times, as luck would have it, my Mom was bit by a rattlesnake.
Over the next couple of hours there was a lot of swelling, painful discomfort, and just generally a real bad time being had for all of us witnessing it all.
But fortunately, just over two hours later the snake finally died.

:crackup:
-If you met my Mom you wouldn't find that joke so funny.

long exposure.... in real it's all about adding TONS of smoke :( basicly it's just a pic and for real it's well a beam but kinda crap to be true :)

still nice pics though

Weeba-- npt sure what all you maen - here, but I will assume something got misunderstood during translation.
Yes there is at night a long exposure.

"tons of smoke"?? not really my greens and 445s need no or very little help being seen.

"basicly it's just a pic and for real it's well a beam but kinda crap to be true :)"

All Pics AFAIK are 'just' pics .
and what you posted after that..."basicly it's just a pic and for real it's well a beam but kinda crap to be true :)"

Are you saying my pics are just pics and are crap????

you lost me there...
thanks(I guess??)

len

I and LastCat will be making new eyecandy on QS.
here is what you get when you buy QS.
PM me if you need help getting a good price (shipped from China......NOT)
Houston Tx- 2-3 biz days to your door.

to attach to your PJ you will need an ILDA cable..I just use a db 25 but I have read that the 'shielding' on the ILDA is better- my REKE works just fine on DB 25- to put more distance to PC and the PJ a longer cable is needed. You can also gain some using an USB extender or a gender changer for db 25. Some better PJs have both 'IN' and 'OUT' on back for addding more PJs otherwise you will need a Y splitter or more Splitter or go wireless.($$$)

Attachments

• My Qs FB3 & Lastcat-prior to ship 003.jpg
    My Qs FB3 & Lastcat-prior to ship 003.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 83
  • My Qs FB3 & Lastcat-prior to ship 006.jpg
    My Qs FB3 & Lastcat-prior to ship 006.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
WOOT! post # 4000

pics
heavy fog tonite

Three 1.25W 445s- AixiZ glass lens.

Attachments

• 3X 1.25 W 445 foggy nite feb 15 2012 004.jpg
    3X 1.25 W 445 foggy nite feb 15 2012 004.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 82
  • 3X 1.25 W 445 foggy nite feb 15 2012 005.jpg
    3X 1.25 W 445 foggy nite feb 15 2012 005.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 81
  • 3X 1.25 W 445 foggy nite feb 15 2012 007.jpg
    3X 1.25 W 445 foggy nite feb 15 2012 007.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 85

still nice pics though

say what??

maybe something got lost .... I dont charge to look at these- feel free to ignore these below or not.

Attachments

• Lumia 4 color in the weekender round 1 004.jpg
    Lumia 4 color in the weekender round 1 004.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 79
  • Lumia 4 color in the weekender round inverted 1 cropped002.JPG
    Lumia 4 color in the weekender round inverted 1 cropped002.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 66
  • Lumia 4 color in the weekender round 1 cropped002.JPG
    Lumia 4 color in the weekender round 1 cropped002.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 83
  • Lumia 4 color in the weekender round 1 006.jpg
    Lumia 4 color in the weekender round 1 006.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
ignore the below-scroll down to ********

UPDATE BUMP

the coral snake in the earlier post died after 18 months- just stopped eating the skinks and snakes--

I have a slew off friends watching for snakes all the time- including the local animal control & pest control peeps, all the local POs- basically anyone who might get a call to deal with a snake---One friend is the Ice Cream dood- and since they spend many hours daily driving and often slowly they should see a lot--

SO... he called and had a coral snake for me in perfect condition AND by far the longest I have ever seen & I have seen many (I worked ~3 years at a mainly reptile zoo -critters found in the everglades) we always had corals to show and they too were hard to feed so many got turned loose when they appeared to be skinny-

ATM I have not measured this female (I think) but I am thinking she is ~36 inches long!!!
average full grown adult is only 20 to 30 inches and the record biggest in both Florida and Texas is slightly less than 48 inches which is VERY highly unusual.. and a huge Coral.

So.. with some luck it may be possible to grow this one a few inches bigger-- normally (in the wild) a snake eating well will grow as much as 12 inches in one year- once big the growth slows down-- thus to reach 48 inches I would need to keep her well fed for maybe as long as three more years. the lizard in the pic below is a Night Skink afaik the only common Tx lizard they normally eat- They will take most any small snake & I have fed my first one several ring-neck snakes-- We have many geckos and anoles BUT afaik they wont bite then eat one. Too bad as they are easy to find here..

If you think I may be a bit crazy for keeping a coral snake you may not really know them as well as you think-- the stats AFAIK- last person bittten and killed was in `1967--

At the zoo we regularly put our bare hands into their enclosure ( sawdust was used as substrate)
and gently lifted them above the sawdust so the visitors can see them ( they try to stay under something at almost all times) - to bite my hand they would need to feel trapped/distressed and need to bite me between my fingers or another small place that they can get their mouth open far enough for their short grooved fragile fangs to bite. They are so small its quite hard to see these fixed fangs(unlike the pitvipers whose fangs fold)

Maybe this will tell you about me and coral snakes-- When I got this one home I put it into a pillow case and THOUGHT I tugged on the overhand knot tight enough to keep her inside BUT she managed to crawl thru the knot and escape into my lkitchen and workshop (formally a dining room) for 4 hours I looked under most everything with mirror and LED light- I have a lot of boxes in my workshop and took a break when I was down to one corner of my shop-- I put some grub in the nuke and when the bell rang I went to get my grits and she had crawled from beneath my fridge. That was VERY lucky but maybe not for the reasons you are thinking-- I had NO fear of getting bitten- zero- I was bummed about losing her and the real possibility that she would eventually die in my house.

Me getting bitten?????
How could that possibly happen?? No way that I can think of...

In the USA the snake with the most potent venom is the coral (nerotoxic-paralizes you) but the most dangerous is NOT the Coral-- IMO that distinction goes to the diamond back and/or the water moccosin-- most bites are from Copperheads but its very rare for anyone to die from a copperhead bite (unless they fail to get treated)--

Its hard to see how big she is in these pics- and snakes are not always easy to measure--

The plexiglass enclosure is 19X19( the base) inches and when she crawled around her cage I saw her streatching from the end of one side to the far end of the other- so about 36 inches.

I have two 'hot rocks' in there and a small 'pool' with a pump that helps keep the water fresh longer-- I made a short hunt for food the day I put her into this enclosre and easily found two skinks- as of today at least one is still uneaten... maybe both-- It may have been a mistake on my aprt to NOT let her get 'setteld-in' before introducing food- when she found the water she immediatly drank for > a minute and came back twice to drink more -- so at least I know she wont die of dehydration--

WE also had a cold front move in and once these snakes get chilled & they go into a torpid state and wont eat-- So I may need to find some bugs for the skinks to eat lol..

at WiKi see the death by snake list-- one a small number were NOT any fault of the person bitten--

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fatal_snake_bites_in_the_United_States

here is what is there on the last fatal bite from coral snake.

Note that many failed to get help quickly so the death was not entirtely caused by yhe snakes'

Inocenio Hernandez-Hernandez, 29, male June 10, 2006 Eastern Coral Snake Hernandez-Hernandez became the first person to die in the United States from a fatal coral snake bite since 1967. He and Jesus Moreida, both of Bonita Springs, Florida, were bitten by a coral snake they tried to kill.[14]

The zoo I worked at was also in Bonita Springs

Take this little quiz
arrange these critters on the order pf most peole killed..

List of fatal bear attacks in North America
List of fatal cougar attacks in North America
List of fatal shark attacks in the United States
List of fatal alligator attacks in the United States
List of wolf attacks in North America
Fatal dog attacks in the United States

the pics

SAD UPDATE- the lid was not secured properly and he got away (in my car port)

my bad-but did learm much from this one and there will be moar...

posting pics here for you- reply NOT ast this thread-PM or at my threads-let this one stay 'ended'

ok this kinda shows the scatter you get with 1W 445 JL PL-E first generation- some scatter-cant be seem in a beam- w/ glasses its gone- price reflects this 'issue' less than one hour of use. extra batt tube-spacers- bunch o batts. other goodies-- $175 yr choice black or silver host

the pics suck- the actual dot is fine the glare and my crap camera make it look much worse than it is. will try again

Attachments

• Cora-Lee and mystery 405 $140 001.jpg
    Cora-Lee and mystery 405 $140 001.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 51
  • Cora-Lee and mystery 405 $140 006.jpg
    Cora-Lee and mystery 405 $140 006.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 69
  • Coral-leeetc 013 (3).jpg
    Coral-leeetc 013 (3).jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 69
  • Pl-E 445 1W spot shos 001.JPG
    Pl-E 445 1W spot shos 001.JPG