Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Minichrome, one piece Cu sink. 280mW at 650nm

very nice build.

how much for JUST the host. no lens no battery no diode.

i am interested in one greatly. VERY nice build.

please PM if willing to machine one.

thx

Dark

Do you mean just the host and heatsink? The host is $20 from deal extreme. The sink by itself would be about $40 but I reuse parts from the host for the battery terminal so they are best sold with the host which brings it to $60.

Ok, so here is a size comparison to the Romisen. Length is actually not dissimilar, its the diameter where things get interesting.

Attachments

• comp.JPG
    comp.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 101
it looks like a really small laser. you have a pen or pencil you can lay next to the laser for comparison? :)

hey LIB, could you sell the rominsen (Cree?) AA host (the silver one) with a heatsink (Al or Cu) that fits an o-like module?
I want to put my green module in that sexy host, using a cr2 battery. (if you could shave off some of the barrel to make the battery fit)

How much would that be (with labour, of course)?

Last edited:
hey LIB, could you sell the rominsen (Cree?) AA host (the silver one) with a heatsink (Al or Cu) that fits an o-like module?
I want to put my green module in that sexy host, using a cr2 battery. (if you could shave off some of the barrel to make the battery fit)

How much would that be (with labour, of course)?

A CR2 won't fit, the 10440 battery it takes is the same size as an AAA.

I mean for the romisen hosts, i thought they take AA/14500 batteries?

Oh, yes thats doable. The stainless hosts are very hard and difficult to cut even with carbide - so I prefer to use aluminium host (grey/black) when cutting the host. But yes is the answer provided the CR2 diameter is not too great.

i think the CR2 is about 1mm thicker in diameter than a standard AA.
pming you for a quote!

artix

This laser looks very nice. Definitely interested!

What is the current going through the Flexdrive? Is there a duty cycle or is the copper heat sink going to keep it cool enough that I can keep it on for however long I want?

BTW - How am I supposed to post those little smilies in my post? I haven't been on for a while and this has CLEARLY changed...

I use 450mA through the LD for 280mW output, sometimes up to 300mW. The copper sink is one piece only and is sunk to the case so once the case warms up (if at all) you know to let it cool for a bit. But it takes a while on a hot day for the case to warm up.

Use a colon and then a right.close bracket : ) with no space for a smilie :)

So, pics!

Attachments

• dscn3467.jpg
    dscn3467.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 97
  • dscn3463.jpg
    dscn3463.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 75
  • dscn3469.jpg
    dscn3469.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 78
  • dscn3466.jpg
    dscn3466.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 81
  • dscn3462.jpg
    dscn3462.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 124
  • dscn3468.jpg
    dscn3468.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 84
;) Its on the way!
It's here! Postmarked 23rd June so we're talkin' 7 business days door2door, including a stop-over in our local Customs bureau.

Very smart packing job, btw :gj:- but I'm not as smart as it took a few mins for me to figure out that I had to take it apart in order to put it together, lol.

But together it is, and works it does! The heavy host (plus Cu module) has a really nice feel to it! I doubt it's as "short" as say, JayRob's mini, but most probably sleek-er looking :D

Seeing as C's builds are a lot better in life (read: than the pics he takes of them :whistle:), a mini-review is sure to follow... :cool:

p.s. Thanks for including a pair of batteries in the deal... :san: