Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

mini RC helicopters

• Thread starter Deleted member 8382
  • Start date
Well, I got the new heli yesterday from X-Heli but it won't bind to the transmitter. :cryyy: Contacted them and am waiting for a reply.

Update: I went to RC Discuss forum and searched the Walkera binding problem. It was recommended to plug in the heli battery first and then turn on the transmitter which is contrary to all RC convention. It worked! I was able to bind and made my maiden 'flybarless' hover in my basement.

I need to tune up the receiver settings a little and figure out if I can adjust the TX throttle pitch curves with the provided 2403 transmitter.

The factory installed light package is awesome!

I'll get some video up as soon as I can.

Last edited:

ped

Yeah would love to see it,

i bought the the Align TREX 100 Product Information - Align T-REX 100S Super Combo RTF

This little bugger is all over the place...i had to send it back once, one of the battery's swelled because the usb charger went short circuit, then copter stopped binding, when i got it back, all the canopy was cracked, the tail rotor was hopelessly bent and the flight sim cable was missing. its as unstable as hell. NO WAY can it be flown indoors, its all over the place :/

EDIT

For the sheer hell of it, i took a few high speed shots of one of my micro heli's in flight.
70v2ap.jpg

fazmsi.jpg

Last edited:
Here is a short video of a hover test in my living room. All receiver settings are factory presets. I'm still learning how to make the gyro and servo adjustments as well as fly the darn thing. I'm still in the nose out phase. The lights on this heli are awesome!

PED - That Align TRex 100 looks very similar to a Blade mSR.

Sorry about the focus, the camera operator is new at it.

Last edited:
It is more stable than my abilities show in the small area in the video. I must say that the with Walkera birds, you have to be fast after turning on the transmitter to plug in the heli battery and get it set on a flat, level surface or proper binding will not occur. There is about a ten second window. Also, from experience, the tail rotor is very fragile and will snap off a blade upon any contact. It is not very user friendly to replace. I have these Airy Harden blades on order. The LED light package is awesome! They make it worth the trouble in my opinion. I just have to get better at flying. That's where the Phoenix v3 sim software comes in. It works great with the DX6i transmitter I bought to go with the software and with my Blade 120 SR. I programmed it per the ebook "Getting the Most Out Of Your Blade mSR & 120SR" by J. Salt to flatten out the throttle curve near the center and it is so much smoother now. Practice, practice, practice.

Thanks guys, because of you I have another addiction now! Keep in touch. :beer:

Last edited:

ped

^^ i forgot to ask, how many "inputs" where you giving the remote to keep it that stable?

^^ i forgot to ask, how many "inputs" where you giving the remote to keep it that stable?

The controller has a dual rate switch and I had it set to low rate for inside flying so I didn't accidentally go crazy with inputs and get wild near the TV. Actually, once you get into a stable hover you can almost go "hands off". The gyros work very well. When you pick up the heli you can hear the gyros making their corrections until you unplug the battery.

Reactions: ped

ped

Superb, thanks for the info, i'm liking that copter. So would you recommend it? .

I would recommend it conditionally:
A. You have experience with 4 channel helis.
B. You have space to fly it.
C. You are not afraid to make repairs yourself.
D. You register on a few RC Groups for tech support because Walkera is pretty thin there.

That being said, I still think the lights are awesome and it really is a pretty stable bird.

5392-very-detailed.jpg

Last edited:

ped

I dont have much experience with 4 channel, thats what i'm looking to do, i'm liking that one because it looked stable, thats why i asked how many inputs you were giving the remote to keep it that stable.

ped,

To start out with 4 channel, I'd recommend the BNF (Bind aNd Fly) Blade mSR or Blade 120 SR with the DX6i programmable transmitter (sold separately) which allows you to custom program throttle curves and such per the previuosly mentioned ebook. The mSR is very small and for indoors only. The 120 SR is larger and "can" be flown outdoors but only in very light wind. As for spare parts I'd get landing skids, main and tail rotor blades, and at least two more batteries. The mSR is so light it hardly sustains any damage in a crash as long as you cut the throttle immediately (saves the electronics too). The 120 SR is pretty hardy too. Skids and main blades take the brunt of the damage (from my experience).

I would stay away from full fuselage models as a first 4 channel since they are heavier and sustain more damage in a fast forward flight crash and are more diffucult to make quick repairs. Four channel is definately harder to fly than three channel. There is a tail boom model of the V200DQ01 called the V200D02. It is the same heli without the lights and fuselage but still flybarless. Be sure to let us know if you get another one!

UPDATE:I'm not very impressed with Walkera durability or electronics. Crashes are inevitable but you shouldn't have to replace ALL the electronics just because the heli tipped while taking off. I chopped the throttle immediately when the main blades started to rub the concrete sidewalk but the receiver would not respond and let the main motor continue to run until I was able to grab it and unplug the battery.

I'm sticking with Horizon Hobby's Blade helis. I've progressed with the four channel fixed pitch far enough that I'm able to hover and do basic maneuvers with my friend's Blade mCP X which is a micro flybarless, collective pitch heli. I think the Bind-N-Fly version will be my next heli since I have a DX6i transmitter now.

Anybody want a good deal on a Walkera V200DQ01 and a boxload of spare parts?

ped

Im sorry to hear that elite. I really like that walkera.

Im working on this trex100 getting it working good.

I'm getting fed up repairing my Lama 400D... It is just useless to
fly outside even in very low wind.. It has to be ZERO wind speed..

Yesterday I was about 20 feet off the ground putting it in a turn
bring it back to me when the upper and lower blades hit and 3
of the blades went flying off on their own...
Needless to say... the rest of the Helli dropped like a rock...
One last repair and it's gonna find a new home...

Jerry

Last edited:
I watched my friend fly his Blade mCP X in 17mph winds. Unbelievable for a heli that only weighs 1.6 ounces (45.5 grams)!