Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

mini RC helicopters

• Thread starter Deleted member 8382
  • Start date

ped

The S107 is like the "industry standard" , i love flying it....but the big copter is just as easy to fly as its 3ch as well, you just have to take into consideration its sheer size haha

...I'm already eyeballing 6ch CP helis...:evil:
Well, looks like I'm in this hobby for the long run, sigh... just ordered this little 6ch CP beauty... :takeit:
v120d02-mech.jpg

But the effort behind setting up, maintaining (and repairing) these puppies requires almost as much effort & time as building a DIY Lazor... :eek: I grounded my V100D01 and I'm still waiting on parts ordered on the 25th. They were in the HK post office on the 26th and are still in "being processed" status.

When I ordered the V120D02 I immediately ordered the essential spare parts, knowing that starting tomorrow (latest) everything will halt to a grind in Mainland CN & in HK. The dealer mailed it pronto but warned me that the HK postal service is extremely overloaded so that I could expect a delay of seven days... before my stuff even gets ariborne :(

So anyone that just ordered from DX, Focalprice, O-Like & so on, take a deep breath and check your mailboxes in roughly... March :undecided:

ped

^^ My mate says the same thing.

You have to be ready for some regular maintenence, these are much more complicated ...but a lot more versatile at the same time.

My one of >>>THESE<<< has just arrived :)

My one of >>>THESE<<< has just arrived
Cool! How many have you "stock-piled" already, Ped? :p

My "excuse" is that since I grounded one Heli (it's the first time, but won't be the last, sigh...) I need another one as "backup"... :angel:

Actually, I'm also looking forward to my replacement 3ch 6025-1 (stuck in the HK postal traffic jam...). That one is piece-of-cake to fly but sometimes it's nice to put the brain on ice and just "cruise" around the office with an uncomplicated 3ch :beer:

ped

ive got about 7 or 8 now, and a few on the way from China :) , going to get a 4 channel next.

...going to get a 4 channel next.
Well your timing might just be right, Ped! A T-Rex 100 just hit the market, poised to compete against the venerable Blade mSR. Both fall under the ultra-micro class, measuring 202 & 190mm respectively, weighing in at around 30g :bowdown:
These are the perfect 4ch starts for the average living room :D The pricing, roughly $130 is pretty cool.

Reactions: ped
Well your timing might just be right, Ped! A T-Rex 100 just hit the market...
Better yet, check out the ultra-new Blade mCP X ... this thing can even fly inverted (not 100% 3D, but close enough imo)!

All that fun for under $150... makes me almost feel bad about buying the V120D02... (but only "almost" :D)

I've been flying helis for 6 years,

If you're just getting into the hobby I recommend the blade MSR and a flight simulator like realflight or phoenix RC. This way you can progress quickly into collective pitch (CP) helis.

I've already pre-ordered the blace MCPX, it looks to be that good!

Also the bigger the heli, the better it flies. I personnaly have a 500 size protos, my next big heli will be a mikado logo 600. It may seem best to start small but it's the opposite. My recommendation after learning orientations on the MSR and CP helis on the simulator is to buy the biggest heli you can comfortably afford (500+ size). The "size" is a general measure of each main rotor in millimeters.

Here's a semi-recent video of me flying the protos in a tighter area than I'm used to (club flying field). Inverted @ 3:50:

If you guys have any questions feel free to ask, I live and breathe R/C helis lately :whistle:

Last edited:
Reactions: ped

ped

@ Traveller ...that new copter looks like a bit of kit...

@ Silver...you got skills bro , im in awe haha

Nice flying silvers, hope to get to that one day.

Been playing around with a MSR for about a month now, still crash a fair bit but that because things jump in the way :p. Got hovering down and right turns but left turns still elude me:mad:.

ReNNo

I got Syma S107 yesterday but there must be a problem. (As always when I order something from china)

After first charge I could achieve only 60 seconds of flight then helicopter started to loose altitude and stared to hover 2-3 cm of the ground.
After few more charging I can only get 20-30 seconds of flight.

I have measured voltage of battery and it looks like this:

- just after recharge -- 4.30V
- at full power -- 3.99V
- after 30 seconds -- 3.87V (at full power)
- after 60 seconds -- 3.83V (at full power)
- after 120 seconds -- 3.74V (at full power), 4.02V on IDLE
- after 5 minutes -- 3.51V (at full power), 3.79V on IDLE

Does it look like battery problem or problem related to something else?

I've been flying helis for 6 years...
... and it shows!!! :worthy:

...If you guys have any questions feel free to ask...
You're gonna regret having said that... :whistle:

:angel: :D

***EDIT***
Ok, here's the first (of many) for ya: What makes the mCP not a "true" 3D Heli - or conversely what is the definition of a true 3D Heli?

Last edited:

ped

Anyone have the Syma S032? I ordered it yesterday.

I do :beer:

I really must stop buying heli's! , Here she is next to my Syma S107 & MiniX for size comparison.

She's a hefty thing but fllys like a wasp! its probably the best heli I have, you'll love it.

2mhzz7p.jpg