Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Microsoft Windows 7 Beta?

MarioMaster said:
Although some items are in different locations and using Windows 7 may seem annoying at first, it's quickly becoming one of my favorite operating systems.  The main reason I wanted to try Win7 was to finally have 64 bit running on my system (upgraded to 6gb of ram recently, 32 bit windows can only access 3gb of it) and the performance and stability has been great. Lots of new features and enhanced versions of older windows programs.

I'm very enthusiastic about win7, but I still feel they're rushing things a bit too much, they need to fix lots of stuff, they're already planning to release a release candidate... :(

Kenom

oh they aren't ready for that. They need to take time before they release this and make sure ALL the bugs are out. Listen to the beta testers and get feedback. Use that feedback to shape the way the final release ends up.

Kenom

I wanna get a roll of this and run around to all the suppliers of Vista and put these on the boxes!!

bugSticker.jpg

Gazoo

Kenom said:
I wanna get a roll of this and run around to all the suppliers of Vista and put these on the boxes!!

It is true with the experience I had with Vista. I played around with it on a friends computer and it was a piece of crap...really bloated acting..very slow. After that I knew Vista wasn't for me. The best Windows operating system for me has been XP 64 Pro. Very stable and fast...never crashes. I think I will wait a while before I try Windows 7...but from the sounds of it , it's a huge improvement over Vista.

Kenom

Wow, in all this time I FINALLY got a issue with windows 7. I added a driver that wasn't supported and it rebooted me and gave me a BSOD every time I restart. So it's not the OS but the driver. I'm lovin this OS

Kenom said:
Wow, in all this time I FINALLY got a issue with windows 7.  I added a driver that wasn't supported and it rebooted me and gave me a BSOD every time I restart.  So it's not the OS but the driver.  I'm lovin this OS

Can't wait to see it boot on an OCZ 1TB Z-Drive.

Oh, and it looks pretty.
[highlight]You've never seen Compiz[-Fusion], have you.  :)[/highlight]
quote]
SWEET LETS RUN COMPIZ AND TRY TO WATCH A MOVIE AT THE SAME TIME.!!! :) :( :'(