Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Mark All Forums Read

daguin

Is there a button (that I can't find) with which we can mark all forums read? I don't have time to follow everything. It would be nice to clear the "green" in the threads I'm not following

Peace,
dave

Kenom

there is indeed. up top you'll see quick links with a drop down menu. Click that and select "mark forum read" This will clear literally all threads and show them as read.

daguin

Thanks, Kenom. In FF there was no drop down menu. However, when I clicked on "quick links" it reloaded the screen with the selection in the menu bar

Peace,
dave

**EDIT** Sweet! It also clears the "new posts" board

**SECOND EDIT** I just found a link to do this at the bottom of the page as well

Last edited:
To mark a sub forum as read you go to "threads in forum" page and use the dropdown Kenom mentioned (pic 1)
To mark all forums read use the button at the bottom of the main forum list (pic 2)

regards rog8811

Attachments

• dg01.jpg
    dg01.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 101
  • dg02.jpg
    dg02.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 89
Hi Professor,

if you go to the main page (forum homepage, etc.) and click on those ah, colored buttons / Xmas ornaments / hemispheres / etc. You will see that this will set all threads as read, but I do mean ALL!!!

Peace ;)

Kenom

One thing I really really REALLY don't like about Vbulletin, is that with yabb when you hit back browser, it refreshes the page to reflect that you've read a thread or section. However with Vbulletin when you hit back browser, all those things are exactly the same as before INCLUDING notifications. Damnest thing is, I can't remember how to get IE (yes I still use IE and absolutely hate FF, Opera and Chrome) to refresh the page any time it's visited (which doesn't seem to affect if you backbrowser)

Does this occur on FF, opera and chrome?

I know that this has a lot to do with caching of a site and apparently Vbulletin has no need to purge the cache any time a page is loaded like Yabb

Last edited:
One thing I really really REALLY don't like about Vbulletin, is that with yabb when you hit back browser, it refreshes the page to reflect that you've read a thread or section
I could not agree more,I have pointed this out to c0ld. The other thing I miss is having the file path at the bottom of the thread.
This used to be top and bottom of all threads........ I am forever scrolling up to the top of the thread to go elsewhere now.:(

Regards rog8811

Last edited:
...can't remember how to get IE to refresh the page any time it's visited...

Command bar -> Tools -> Internet Options -> Browsing History -> Settings -> Check for newer versions of the stored pages...

I said
I am forever scrolling up to the top of the thread to go elsewhere now.
Update, I have at last noticed that if you scroll to the very bottom of the page in the right hand corner is a "top" button, it is better than nothing.

Regards rog8811

That works. So does the "home" key on your keyboard

Trouble is you get used to doing things a certain way, with one click I used to be able to get from the bottom of a thread in a forum to the home page, it now takes 2 clicks.

Regards rog8811

Go into your control panel
user cp/edit options....right at the bottom of the page forum skins, change it to default;)

Regards rog8811