Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

MagicFire host "BigBoy"

I've been talking with Ric again on maybe doing a group buy on the Magicfire host as seen here.

661913576_253.JPG

I've got 2 host empty ready to go into a build (future 1W 520nm) but these are great for use with Lazeerer SXB driver for the higer current builds (parallel batt.) as his post on some of his builds. My thought are for the new 44 diode and even like me for the 07E build comming down the pike for me.

You could use the SXD if you do the battery mod as posted here

They are a little over 33.00 now so how many LPF'ers want to do this????

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
That's a great price for these!:yh: I had been looking at these recently and the cost was $59 ea.
Is this price for the black one only, or is the natural aluminum available?

Both Colors. That price was for a total light this is just for the host which comes with everything but a driver and emitter.

DAD

i will buy 2 if the offer still good. Thanks

Last edited:
I'd sure like to see what you have done with this host and more pictures of the unit disassembled including the battery holder!

YA...Me too !!

I am not completely decided on the host for the Cyan Cannon lll

The Maglite 2D cell....unmodified....will deliver a over length of just over 12"
That is about 310mm long....but...in that I could use two (2) 26650 cells....which is good.....but...awful long !!

The current Cyan Cannon V7 design is a modified Maglite 2D unit...using a single cell 32650.But...this demands boost drives....

SO ....I am pok'in around....and think'in about another host ??? Will do some research on the Magicfire !!!!

I may switch to a four (4) high amp 18650 cell configuration....like the Tridentis is ????

Lotsa choices !!

Jander...If you have any pics....please post them !!

Thanx...Beam Out

I am interested in three of these :)

Look at the Fenix TK75, it's big, but as you all know I LOVE LARGE HOSTS. The thing which attracts me to this host is the battery holder puts four batteries in series parallel, so you get 8.4 VDC at twice the capacity of two 18650's in parallel, even though at that voltage. You can also stack more battery packs which due to the way they are wired will put more and more capacity in parallel with the first battery pack, for as long as you want to continue adding additional tube sections.

I don't have much hope you will choose this host though, most people like smaller ones, but it has my vote. BTW: 12 inches long ain't nothing for a real laser!

Last edited:
I am interested in three of these :)

Look at the Fenix TK75, it's big, but as you all know I LOVE LARGE HOSTS. The thing which attracts me to this host is the battery holder puts four batteries in series parallel, so you get 8.4 VDC at twice the capacity of two 18650's in parallel, even though at that voltage. You can also stack more battery packs which due to the way they are wired will put more and more capacity in parallel with the first battery pack, for as long as you want to continue adding additional tube sections.

I don't have much hope you will choose this host though, most people like smaller ones, but it has my vote. BTW: 12 inches long ain't nothing for a real laser!

Well....for now....For the Cyan Cannon V....I am stuck on the Cree two (2) cell 18650 host with a handle.
The basic problem is the optics take room.....that is just the way it is !!!

So....we are left with the conundrum...a lot a junk. (Optics)...in the front !!....that demands somewhat a larger diameter build.

So....What ta do ??... IMNSHO....we cannot eliminate these larger diameter demands....and the larger diameters....are less ergonomic....less natural to hold.
Also....the add on optics cause more weight....on the build front....which , makes the overall build tend to be front-heavy....unbalanced !!

It is my speculation and hope...that a simple host + handle may be a work around these issues.

Well...enough blah, blah !!

Beam out !!:san::san: