Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lumia wheels for sale - maybe?

daguin

Some people just don't understand . . . .

karma.png

Peace,
dave

Hrmmm .... I'm gonna go out on a limb here, probably a really inappropriate move, but ... Here's a little more info on the lumia for those who may still have questions about them.

The Lumia wheel is a pretty simple build, as the pic shows (and as mentioned somewhere in the above thread) the premise is to shine a laser beam through a rotating piece of textured glass:

lumia_01.jpg

I have built several of these to use at the shows, they do NOT produce very visible "beams" but the patterns they project onto walls, etc are mesmerizing and crazy:

lumia_02.jpg

Here's a link to a video of one of hese builds (it's short and shot in my cluttered living room but it'll give you the idea): YouTube - Lumia Project

The build in the video uses a 3rpm offset-shaft 120VAC motor from an American DJ "Topaz' light fixture, they're around $10 too and as you'll see, at 3rp are relatively close to the "speed limit" for a Lumia effect, IMHO (they come in handy outside the shows though, i shine them on the walls of the club to make a really interesting "billboard" for my shows) ... FYI, the build shown is using a 50mW Aixiz Labbie however I have since onverted both of the units I am regularly using to 110mW labies, just to kick up the visibility).

Hope I didn't do anything wrong by posting laser information in an obvious "Fu%^$ You" thread ... :)

Hey carmangary,

Does Spaghetti’s TTL aux output support PWM or us it just on/off. If it is PWM capable you could speed control the Lumina Wheel with it or switch to a simple 555 PWM controller when running stand alone. Here is a schematic:DPRG: A Simple PWM Circuit Based on the 555 Timer

All I want for the link is absolute and total control of all your assets and efforts for the rest of your life. j/k :D

Let me know if you have the contest. I'm almost a beginner in the scanning world and it might motivate me to actually finish my own setup.

Last time i checked a clock motor is somewhere around 1 rpm- if it has a second hand- --------------a sweep hand will be cool and a second hand that 'ticks' may be just as cool- haven't tried it yet with that type .old clocks a real cheap at thrift stores. FYI will post photos of mine next week when I get back home--regards-Hak

I found an old rotisserie for free, and the motor is spinning at 1 1/2 RPM.

Gotta love karma. :angel:

I put a hole in a plastic 12 inch round serving plate and put it on a rotisserie wheel !I can shine two argons and a red and green HeNe with room to spare- one wall in my laser room is all old movie screens(free too)-just got a new camera-- will make avideo next week--hak

Sure..bend over and I'll give it to you. Your mom's getting kind of dry anyway.