Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lucid dreaming!

Ricker

Do a search on YouTube for "binaural beats" the list is very long.

Alan

Yes, youtube has plenty, some are intended for different uses, including lucid dreaming with affirmations included. :) Thank you Alan for having my six!

Also, if you're just starting this, please be aware of the other possibilities, I'm talking about S.P. (I will not not say it, because I'm a believer in if you haven't had it, and don't know about it, it won't likely happen.) But sometimes it does, so if you want to know about it, it may become something that happens when trying to lucid dream, just something else to research and get tips on "breaking out of it." :D Happy Dreaming Yall!

Nate

Benm

Even without any substances i've found that i'm more likely to have lucid dreams when sleeping in unusual circumstances.

I tend to doze off on things like busses or long car rides (as a passenger), and often have vivid dreams, sometimes lucid, on those more often compared to sleeping in a regular bed.

Personally i like the experience, though people around me may not since they keep waking me up during them and i'd prefer to see where they ended.

Sadly i can't sleep on airplanes very well - it would be a great way to spend a long haul flight ;)

GSS

Even without any substances i've found that i'm more likely to have lucid dreams when sleeping in unusual circumstances.

I tend to doze off on things like busses or long car rides (as a passenger), and often have vivid dreams, sometimes lucid, on those more often compared to sleeping in a regular bed.

Personally i like the experience, though people around me may not since they keep waking me up during them and i'd prefer to see where they ended.

Sadly i can't sleep on airplanes very well - it would be a great way to spend a long haul flight ;)
Benn, totally agree, im a tiny bit clostraphobic im guessing and a while back I slept in the bottom of a bunkbed and I had one of the worse sleeping experiences ever. I kept dreaming I was locked in a box or closet and other places but the worst of it was continued sleep paralysis dreaming. When you close your eyes I assume the brain still knows your in a closed environment

I was considering starting Project Lucidity last year. The project was there to see how efficient you can get at lucid dreaming after 3 months of training. It was basic really, log every dream that you remember into a diary. After a month of logging, you would try to find something common in your dream. From there, each time you see that object/person; you would either pinch your arm or look at your hands. As you know, you don't feel pain in dreams that well and looking at your hands in lucid dreams looks fuzzy and you cannot focus. That way, you realize you are in a lucid dream.

That is strange, I have never noticed anything looking fuzzy and not being able to focus, I have even read text in a dream at least several times including last night, more on that in a moment. I recently heard on a radio show only a few days ago someone claiming that if you think about looking at the top of your hands for about 10 minutes before sleeping that you can have an OBE after you see your hands in your dream, I assume lucid dreaming would be more likely than an OBE, but this person said he read it in some book and that it really works. Well for several days now I have been thinking about seeing my hands before going to sleep and I have seen my hands in my dreams now several times but nothing happened yet.

Last night I dreamed about LPF and lasers and some of the members here, :wtf: that has never happened before, maybe I am spending too much time here. A group of about 10 of us got together here in Washington and a female member was selling all of her lasers and we were all buying them. :wtf: Alaskan had come here all the way from Alaska, he had a giant laser rifle with the ultimate beam expander. I now have a design for a beam expander that is very unusual that I think would work but I think would be very expensive to have it made, and yes I saw it in the dream. :wtf: The last thing that happened was I had my iPad in my hand and was on LPF about to post about what happened.

Alan

That is strange, I have never noticed anything looking fuzzy and not being able to focus, I have even read text in a dream at least several times including last night, more on that in a moment. I recently heard on a radio show only a few days ago someone claiming that if you think about looking at the top of your hands for about 10 minutes before sleeping that you can have an OBE after you see your hands in your dream, I assume lucid dreaming would be more likely than an OBE, but this person said he read it in some book and that it really works. Well for several days now I have been thinking about seeing my hands before going to sleep and I have seen my hands in my dreams now several times but nothing happened yet.

Last night I dreamed about LPF and lasers and some of the members here, :wtf: that has never happened before, maybe I am spending too much time here. A group of about 10 of us got together here in Washington and a female member was selling all of her lasers and we were all buying them. :wtf: Alaskan had come here all the way from Alaska, he had a giant laser rifle with the ultimate beam expander. I now have a design for a beam expander that is very unusual that I think would work but I think would be very expensive to have it made, and yes I saw it in the dream. :wtf: The last thing that happened was I had my iPad in my hand and was on LPF about to post about what happened.

Alan

Well if you do make it, make sure you credit alaskan XD

Ricker

Alan

LMAO! That's too funny, it's like Wizard of Oz LPF style. "You were there, and you were there, and YOU!"

dorothy_wakes_up_in_kansas.jpg

Reactions: GSS
Sometimes I have a vague memory our lives on earth are all just part of a play of sorts, like I'm remembering seeing the preview of my current life before I jumped into this virtual reality machine, the wizard of oz movie sure gives me chills at the end due to that.

I found my Nova Dreamer course, it's 20 years old!

novadreamer.jpg

Here's a photo of the circuitry inside the blindfold:

novadreamer_ckt.jpg

Reactions: GSS

Benm

At least you got a good old casette tape with it ;p

GatoX

Hey guys, I come with UPDATES! Yesterday I bought an accelerometer (MPU6050) and after a bit of coding I could track my dream movement.

Here is the new device, new specs: Arduino pro mini clone, MPU6050 and a lithium 1300mah battery cell.

attachment.php

I got an sleep mask too (better than the chemistry toy's googles :D), so ugly but were the only in the shop :p:

attachment.php

Here with the device inside :drool:

attachment.php

And finally, the data after 5-6h sleeping time* (html5 interpreted)

attachment.php

* Ok, that is strange, I went to sleep at 24:00h and at 5:17 I woke up and I saw that my mask were in my bed, out of my head and I turned it off, but in the data graph we can see how these are 6 hours instead 5:17, rtc module incoming :D

Technical details: The accelerometer stores the maximum movement in a range of 30 seconds and after store it in a EEPROM slot (byte value). The atmega328 have 1024 bytes of EEPROM and 8 hours of sleep * 60 minutes * 2 (30 seconds of resolution) is the nearest value for these 1024 bytes of EEPROM

I expect with these values got more information about REM cycles, getting more or less movement could say where I'm dreaming and activate the mask in these time. I love suggestions :san:

Attachments

• track.png
    track.png
    8.6 KB · Views: 159
  • rsz_dsc_0055[1].png
    rsz_dsc_0055[1].png
    469.9 KB · Views: 125
  • rsz_dsc_0056[1].jpg
    rsz_dsc_0056[1].jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 140
  • rsz_dsc_0057[1].jpg
    rsz_dsc_0057[1].jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:

Ricker

Pretty awesome! Would love to see the device as something happened with your pictures. :beer:

Edit: Thanks!!

Last edited:

Benm

What exactly is the point having the electronics inside the mask?

If you want to measure movement during sleep you might as well do so by putting a smartphone in your bed with an app to log movement.

Even if you wanted to track the specific movement of your head and not your body, it would probably be more comfortable to stick the sensors into a bandana or something like that.

Those sleep masks are good if you're stuck in an airplane seat and need to get some shut-eye, or perhaps to help you fall asleep in a bright environment. They're not really designed to say on when you turn around in bed though, i'm surprised it stayed on as long as it did (for me it'd be off and under a pillow in half an hour).

GatoX

What exactly is the point having the electronics inside the mask?

If you want to measure movement during sleep you might as well do so by putting a smartphone in your bed with an app to log movement.

Even if you wanted to track the specific movement of your head and not your body, it would probably be more comfortable to stick the sensors into a bandana or something like that.

Those sleep masks are good if you're stuck in an airplane seat and need to get some shut-eye, or perhaps to help you fall asleep in a bright environment. They're not really designed to say on when you turn around in bed though, i'm surprised it stayed on as long as it did (for me it'd be off and under a pillow in half an hour).

Tracking with the mask allow me to detect sleep phases at the same time that calculates when to light the leds (doesn't added yet) for get lucid dream.

My objective is to recreate a device similar to Nova Dreamer mask (here in this thread there are a few pictures). With the mask I will be able to hold the leds in right place from a confortable way. The glasses cuts my blood flow :D

Last edited:
I read somewhere about using passive infrared modules to detect eye movement and get the actual REM phase. Has anyone tried that?