Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

LPM In a Cube!! Bluetooth is Working!!

Hello, Folks
I have an Ophir head I use to measure my laser. Everytime I need to use it. I have to connect it with the meter and everything is just so bulky. So one day I decided to shrink all things to just one small back pack. Everything you need to run an Ophir is in this small package!! I also have some headers for the graphical OLED screen which can shows the reading even without the data logging. And the board arrive this week. I'll have it put together over the weekend. But first, here are some fitting pics for now.

Okay, Since the board is not here yet. I'll just post some screen shot for now.

Today I finish the firmware for the Ophir backpack. It takes me a while, but I get it done. Thanks for ARG's input on the calibration. This is how it will probably look like when the cube is done.

Update!!........10/12/2013
I got the board on Friday. And I finally got time today to put everything together. First glance, everything seems to be working. I'll go to lab and do some more testing tomorrow. But, first, Some pics!!

Guess What's in the mail!!

Human Pick and Place!!

Finished First Layer!!

Finished Second Layer!! The missing big component is for Bluetooth module which will be soldered on after some more testing.

First Light!!

Side view...

Exploded View....

Top With Bluetooth

Front

Side

With Display

Side with Display

Cheere
Wade

Last edited:

sinner

Re: LPM In a Cube!!

Subbing, Cool stuff there.. waiting for more pics!

Hello, Folks
I have an Ophir head I use to measure my laser. Everytime I need to use it. I have to connect it with the meter and everything is just so bulky. So one day I decided to shrink all things to just one small back pack. Everything you need to run an Ophir is in this small package!! I also have some headers for the graphical OLED screen which can shows the reading even without the data logging. And the board arrive this week. I'll have it put together over the weekend. But first, here are some fitting pics for now.

Cheere
Wade

Great original Idea Wade... :gj:
Can't wait to see it finished..

Jerry

Trevor

This project has had me intrigued from the beginning... any updates? :D

Really innovative idea... hope to see something come of it!

Trevor

Nice all in one package. Cant wait for more progress pictures!

Okay, some update but not much. At least no pics yet.

I got the OLED working and I already layout the REV.2 board. Just waiting on the PCB. I didn't even bother to build the first one since I know everything works. The Rev.2 will have Bluetooth, OLED display, rechargeable lithium battery and of course old fashion USB data logging. It would be a 2 board design. Also the first layer is independent, if some people decided not to have all the fancy features. they can just have the first board and it will work as a normal data logging Ophir add-on and they still have the option for OLED for instant readout.:D

Cheers
Wade

SKeeZ

Nice man! I really need to get an LPM

Trevor

Okay, some update

:D

but not much. At least no pics yet.

:(

I got the OLED working and I already layout the REV.2 board. Just waiting on the PCB. I didn't even bother to build the first one since I know everything works. The Rev.2 will have Bluetooth, OLED display, rechargeable lithium battery and of course old fashion USB data logging. It would be a 2 board design. Also the first layer is independent, if some people decided not to have all the fancy features. they can just have the first board and it will work as a normal data logging Ophir add-on and they still have the option for OLED for instant readout.:D

Sounds very awesome... keep it up man. :)

+1 if the system allows. :D

Trevor

Last edited:

What a wonderful idea, I can't wait to see the rest :D

More pictures please :wave:

ARG

Sounds great, can't wait to see some more pictures :D

Which size of OLED do you plan to use?

Using Adafruit 1.3" oled. Since There's not much space available.