Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

LPF YouTube Channel

Gun

Hello Everyone,

So I thought it would be a good idea to start a Laser Pointer Forums community YouTube Channel! On the channel we will all be able to upload laser unboxings, tutorials, reviews, etc! If there is already a channel for the forums and I've somehow missed it, then please let me know.

HERE's the channel. The name of the channel is 'LPFCommunity'. Please subscribe if you have a channel :)

If you want to upload to the channel, here are the requirements:

* Have at least 50 forum posts

* Do not demonstrate bad laser safety in your videos. (Eg: don't show yourself using a high-power laser without safety goggles).

* Video must be at least 360p.

If anyone thinks I should add any more requirements, please let me know.

If you meet the requirements and want to upload to the channel just PM me the video that you want uploaded. Please note that it has to be a private/unlisted video on YouTube and it has to be by you, if not our channel could get in trouble for infringing copyright. It has to be a laser related video. I'm sure that eventually we'll get regular posters who our subscribers will get to know.

Personally, I've been YouTubing gaming videos for about 7 months and have just signed a contract to partner with Machinima so I do have a bit of YouTube knowledge :)

As long there's enough of us uploading and we upload constantly then I'm sure this channel will be successful. Of course, I will always link back to this forum so the forum may also gain traffic as well.

So yeah guys, PM me if you want to upload to the channel, simply link the video you want uploaded and tell me a bit about the laser in the video. Subscribe if you have a channel. Also, tell me if there's anything I should change in this thread or a suggestion for the channel that could improve it!

This channel is not an official LPF channel and should not be treated as such. It is run solely by forum members.

Cool idea, although under the about section, you may want to put a snippet about the channel not being affiliated with LPF, and that it is run solely by forum members. Just in case something happens on the channel, it doesn't fly around and smack the forum admin (c0ldshadow) in the face*

Thanks,
Gun :beer:​

Last edited:

Laik

Great idea mate! We should get adsense for it as well so all the money generated by the ads and stuff will go towards the forum! I am looking forward to this :D :D :D

Gun

We should get adsense for it as well so all the money generated by the ads and stuff will go towards the forum! I am looking forward to this :D :D :D
Very good idea!

Gun

Bump. :) (Pushed to page 2 + need more ideas/videos!)

I too think this is a great idea. I would definitely watch them! I feel like there is a big lack of laser videos on youtube.
The best youtuber for lasers so far is in my opinion StyroPyro. he does a great job.
Oh. and i sub'ed

Last edited:

Laik

I too think this is a great idea. I would definitely watch them! I feel like there is a big lack of laser videos on youtube.
The best youtuber for lasers so far is in my opinion StyroPyro. he does a great job.
Oh. and i sub'ed
I agree that theres is a lack of laser videos, most of them are just unboxing of lasers or someone driving a dvd laser burner with no driver and no goggles. I love styropyro's vids as well! They got me into lasers!

IsaacT

I have a channel and I will subscribe....I will look through and see if I have anything worth contributing.

ARG

I think the best idea for the channel would be for users to upload their own videos on their own accounts then for you to make playlists of those videos or somthing.

Sharing account information is bound to cause trouble :p

Gun

I have a channel and I will subscribe....I will look through and see if I have anything worth contributing.
Thanks for subscribing :)
I'm sure any laser related video will be fine!

I think the best idea for the channel would be for users to upload their own videos on their own accounts then for you to make playlists of those videos or somthing.

Sharing account information is bound to cause trouble :p

Nah, this is sort of a community channel in which everyone's videos with be posted. I will always link the video creators channel in description as well as stating their forum name.

What do you mean by sharing account information?

Laik

I think ARG's understanding is that your going to give everyone the login. I think only Gun will have access to the account, am i right?

Gun

I think ARG's understanding is that your going to give everyone the login. I think only Gun will have access to the account, am i right?

Oh :p Yes I will be the only one with the login (unless I get some very trustworthy, regular uploaders in which I may give it to them). Basically you'll link me your video, I'll download it using a YouTube to MP4 converter, then I'll upload it LPFCommunity.

I hope that made sense ;)

Pilgor

I think the LPF moderators should have access to the account as well.

my only problem with this is i do all my videos with my DSLR and the video's take something like an 1 hour to upload so how am i suppost to get these videos to you so you can upload them to youtube?

But great idea non the less!

youtube: awillis98

Gun

I think the LPF moderators should have access to the account as well.

If I get more people agreeing with you then I guess I will but at the moment I don't think I really need to give them access.

my only problem with this is i do all my videos with my DSLR and the video's take something like an 1 hour to upload so how am i suppost to get these videos to you so you can upload them to youtube?

But great idea non the less!

youtube: awillis98

Have you already uploaded them to YouTube? If not, can't you just leave it there to upload for an hour? Most of my gaming videos that I upload take me about 3 hours.