Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

LPF Stick!

Very cool, Richie. My handwriting is one of those that few people besides myself can read. Probably because i had to do so much of it over the years. I even saw my user name in the first two photos. Thanks.

BobMc

Oh yeah they're actually pretty darn cheap. I think I paid 35 plus shipping from DTR. It's crazy because after owning 3 405s I've noticed that their is one cool thing about Blu rays, they always seem to stay very stable on the LPM. Because my skylasers pen continued to climb once it hit 80mw and kelp climbing slowly and never dropped, I eventually had to turn it off at 89mw because I was reaching 90 sec :( same with my 16x. Is it the same for your purples? Or at least a majority of them.

Earlier when I said 2 405s I meant 3 lol I forgot about the skylasers pen :p

You know I've never tested them for more than about 30 seconds? Maybe that's something I should try, to see if their stable. :thinking:

They are cheap. I've even thought about picking up a couple of DVD players from Thrift Stores and pulling them out, just to get the experience.

Don't feel bad about forgetting how many 405 you have. I forgot about my Sanwu Pocket 405, and this beauty of a build, http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/work-art-100184.html, gonna have to play the old age card here. ( man I love that card. ) :D

Pretty cool:beer:
I would leave it be and wouldn't re write the names..
Its the imperfections that will make worth big bucks in 100 years :)

As your low on lenses be careful about the smoke dusting the lens..
Oh yeah I was actually a little worried about that.
You should see me trying to blow as I'm burning the names into the wood lol! Maybe I'll use a fan :)

Hay! That's pretty neat, I even see my name on there :D

Awesome job! :)

-Alex
Thanks Alex :beer:
Yup your under the creator :D

Very cool, Richie. My handwriting is one of those that few people besides myself can read. Probably because i had to do so much of it over the years. I even saw my user name in the first two photos. Thanks.
You're welcome :) and thanks

You know I've never tested them for more than about 30 seconds? Maybe that's something I should try, to see if their stable. :thinking:

They are cheap. I've even thought about picking up a couple of DVD players from Thrift Stores and pulling them out, just to get the experience.

Don't feel bad about forgetting how many 405 you have. I forgot about my Sanwu Pocket 405, and this beauty of a build, http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/work-art-100184.html, gonna have to play the old age card here. ( man I love that card. ) :D

:crackup: I actually love it when their are older people than me no matter the age on here because I constantly think of what if my dad was into this hobby which by the way shows absolutely no interest in the hobby at all, I always tell him that lasers are used so much in this world he wouldn't believe it. Medical, astronomy, machining, aeronautics, DVD players, Bluray players, weapons, and so much more, did you know that some people including me actually believe that the invention of the Laser made just as big of an impact on the world as the invention of the wheel :)

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Very nice idea Richie. Thank you, I appreciate that.
+rep from me. :beer:
Same for me, you laser etch neater than I can handwrite. :p

Reactions: GSS

Rivem

Haha. I made it onto the stick as well! My username is surrounded by plenty major LPF'ers, so that's quite the honor. +rep when I'm back to my PC.

That was a fantastic idea! My name looks great, no need to redo it :) Thanks and rep incoming once the 24 hrs are up! :beer:

Radim

Very cool. My hand writing is horrible, but at least I can draw some stuff if I want to. :D

Anyway I did various engraving with my lasers, just for fun.
My most favourite is a very little heart with R+N somewhere in the forest (not on tree or any living thing), which is almost imposible to notice. However if you do, you could not come how it was created if you do not consider laser. :D That's how tiny it is and how the structure looks after many months of weather conditions. I used my 100 mW 532 nm Evo with focussing lens, it is a very small point and it burns in wood well - immediately.

Very nice idea Richie. Thank you, I appreciate that.
+rep from me. :beer:
Same for me, you laser etch neater than I can handwrite. :p
Thanks Curtis :)
Hah! Yeah if you ever saw my handwriting you would think a 6 year old did it :crackup:

Haha. I made it onto the stick as well! My username is surrounded by plenty major LPF'ers, so that's quite the honor. +rep when I'm back to my PC.
Thanks Rivem :) yeah I tired to put the veterans and big time users on the same side or close to each other but I was running out of room on a few. Lol

Cute Idea ! the stick Like that of soldiers at the end naja

....: T H E - E N D :....​
Thanks 3D, when I read your comment I got a little worried that I forgot to put you on there but I then remembered that I did :)

That was a fantastic idea! My name looks great, no need to redo it :) Thanks and rep incoming once the 24 hrs are up! :beer:
Oh that's great :) thanks Grainde.

Very cool. My hand writing is horrible, but at least I can draw some stuff if I want to. :D

Anyway I did various engraving with my lasers, just for fun.
My most favourite is a very little heart with R+N somewhere in the forest (not on tree or any living thing), which is almost imposible to notice. However if you do, you could not come how it was created if you do not consider laser. :D That's how tiny it is and how the structure looks after many months of weather conditions. I used my 100 mW 532 nm Evo with focussing lens, it is a very small point and it burns in wood well - immediately.
Oh that cool! It'll be there for a long time :)
You have a 532nm WL Evo!? So many people don't like WL because some think they're overpriced and won't ship to the US. But to be honest I still want one so bad :( I don't even know why, lol I just want one! Especially the EVO series. I'm probably gonna get some backlash on this but I go to their page sometimes hoping it'll say "we now ship to U.S." :D

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
No backlash Richie. :p
My first high power laser was from them. They are good quality but expensive.
Would I buy from them again, probably not. I now know that I can get more for my money elsewhere. But they did get me into this hobby for good. WL has definitely improved since back then as well.

Radim

You have a 532nm WL Evo!? So many people don't like WL because some think they're overpriced and won't ship to the US. But to be honest I still want one so bad :( I don't even know why, lol I just want one! Especially the EVO series. I'm probably gonna get some backlash on this but I go to their page sometimes hoping it'll say "we now ship to U.S." :D

Yes, I hope as well. I saw it just yesterday. I did it in two rounds - firstly I waited until the burned material will get out and that I did second layer. It is very durable. I even removed some stupid words somebody left there with pen - of course with laser.

Regarding Evo, I have a review on my to-do list. It will be almost one year of use of this laser and as it accompanies me almost everywhere I have a lot of experience with it. It is a great hardworking laser, very versatile. I learned from it a lot about lasers. I even use it when thinking about laserpaintings, I try various effects and so on. Unfortunately they do not ship to some countries including US. That's a pitty as this laser is very safe to use and I do not understand FDA why they do not like it (of course I understand the matters behind, but that is different story). It has one of the best safety features I've seen in my portables. Three stages security (main power switch, code switch and power/fire button). Compare it with DL Spartan - just one button to go. In addition you might remove safety pin or entire tailcap to deactivate it for storage (the tailcap is separated from battery compartment). More in my review once it is written... I think I'll push it more on top of the list, since this laser deserves to be reviewed. ;)

Hah! Yeah if you ever saw my handwriting you would think a 6 year old did it :crackup:

Thanks Rivem :) yeah I tired to put the veterans and big time users on the same side or close to each other but I was running out of room on a few. Lol

Thanks 3D, when I read your comment I got a little worried that I forgot to put you on there but I then remembered that I did :)

Oh that's great :) thanks Grainde.

Thx Richie89 , i'm glad your gesture ! you have had fear ? and why ?

The fear must have someone who has something to fear

GSS

Iv'e been trying to get a friend of mine who lives in CA into lasers.
I sent him a 90mw 532 a while back, he sent it back immediately as its scared him because he lives in San Diego right near the Mexican border..To much air traffic and didn't want to get sued and lose his house.
This stick art thread gives me some good idea's Ritchie:)
This friend has the gift of great cartoon drawing and I just might send him a piece of wood showing what a 405nm can do. I'll probably draw a few naughty pic's and throw in a few dirty words:eg:

Last edited:
No backlash Richie. :p
My first high power laser was from them. They are good quality but expensive.
Would I buy from them again, probably not. I now know that I can get more for my money elsewhere. But they did get me into this hobby for good. WL has definitely improved since back then as well.
Oh wow that's cool, I sometimes wonder if they're the reason I'm into it also because when I was younger I was always watching their videos and dreaming about them :D and always wanted one of my own and quickly gave up when my parents said NO!! Haha but as I got older and years had passed I eventually went online looking to buy one somehow. That was how I discovered SCI-FI and LPF little did I know I would be apart of the community. Definitely too long of a story :)
I think someone should bump that post of "how did you first get into lasers" unless it's a sticky idk lol.

Yes, I hope as well. I saw it just yesterday. I did it in two rounds - firstly I waited until the burned material will get out and that I did second layer. It is very durable. I even removed some stupid words somebody left there with pen - of course with laser.

Regarding Evo, I have a review on my to-do list. It will be almost one year of use of this laser and as it accompanies me almost everywhere I have a lot of experience with it. It is a great hardworking laser, very versatile. I learned from it a lot about lasers. I even use it when thinking about laserpaintings, I try various effects and so on. Unfortunately they do not ship to some countries including US. That's a pitty as this laser is very safe to use and I do not understand FDA why they do not like it (of course I understand the matters behind, but that is different story). It has one of the best safety features I've seen in my portables. Three stages security (main power switch, code switch and power/fire button). Compare it with DL Spartan - just one button to go. In addition you might remove safety pin or entire tailcap to deactivate it for storage (the tailcap is separated from battery compartment). More in my review once it is written... I think I'll push it more on top of the list, since this laser deserves to be reviewed. ;)
Yes that would be great! I would love to see that :)
I actually didn't know it had a 3 stage switch. I honestly think a security switch system like that and Jetlaser actually just makes a laser look cooler.

Thx Richie89 , i'm glad your gesture ! you have had fear ? and why ?

The fear must have someone who has something to fear
Yeah 3D the only reason I was first affraid I didn't add you was because you're a pretty frequent user and on here And post quite a bit, so I'm definitely glad I did add you earlier :)
Iv'e been trying to get a friend of mine who lives in CA into lasers.
I sent him a 90mw 532 a while back, he sent it back immediately as its scared him because he lives in San Diego right near the Mexican border..To much air traffic and didn't want to get sued and lose his house.
This stick art thread gives me some good idea's Ritchie:)
This friend has the gift of great cartoon drawing and I just might send him a piece of wood showing what a 405nm can do. I'll probably draw a few naughty pic's and throw in a few dirty words:eg:
:crackup: that would probably do it :)
See that's talent, I couldn't even imagine what it would look like if I was to do a picture with a laser in wood. It's actually really funny you mention that because the State police department in the area I work want me to burn the letters of their police department into a piece of wood for them to put in their office area, that's definitely a little bit ironic :D