Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

LPF Game Server - Source games

How would you play?

• I'd not play at all.

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • I'd occasionally play.

Votes: 18 36.0%
  • I'd regularly play.

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • My play time depends on holidays and weekends.

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • I'd not donate.

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • I'd casually donate $5 every so often.

Votes: 16 32.0%
  • I'd casually donate $10 or so every so often.

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • I'd regularly donate $5 (monthly)

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • I'd regularly donate $10 (monthly)

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
bluesquare was 113 average
globalswitch was 145 average
pingvps was 150 average
google was 81 average

i must have a really crappy connection... cable.. go figure..

anyone know a good controller setup to use with cs:s? i been trying to figure out using my ps3 controller but theres only so many buttons.. trying to play on a keyboard makes my wrists ache..

Last edited:

Seems like demand is high enough - once I get a response back from the company, I think I'll set up a VPS in Blue Square, mainly for European members but playable from most places (Australian people might find it too laggy, as might people in the US with bad connections). Might start it with CS:S and Killing Floor, one on each of 2 IPs? It can be changed without much difficulty in the future, but that seems like a sensible way to start things off, and means we can have TF2, CS:S and KF for people to choose between. CoD and other games can be done in future as well, but it depends on the server performance as to if we do it simultaneously, or do a rotation.

Lane

@ndrew For a controller I would check out a gamepad I have a Belkin n52te - Built For Speed. Built to Dominate. Built to Destroy. and it is awesome! It has a nice resting pad for your wrist and all the buttons you will need for any fps with a nice macro program from razer. Now with that mouse you will want probably a razer if you do not have one already I have had my lacheisis for probably about 2 years or more and it is the most comfortable and good looking mouse ever. (Make sure you get a hard gaming mat they help alot!) Then if you need a keyboard I would get a small keyboard that way your hand on the gamepad and mouse are not a mile apart. A small quality keyboard just for typing would do, but a nicer one is the happy hacking lite 2.
Lane
P.S. the server is going to be awesome, looks like I may have to get some new games! Also for U.S. players go to http://laserpointerforums.com/f57/tf2-server-active-53059.html . If the Euro connection is good for the U.S. I'll cancel and donate. Good luck!

Last edited:

Lane

Hey,
If the U.S. server doesn't get much traffic we can try it out switched to the EU side. That way there will be 3 different games up at a time! :)
Lane

cmak

I repeat: you guys better have some of my maps on your CSS server :evil:

-Chris

(Double Post, so what? :na: )

94.76.194.11 - LPFRULES - currently only running CS:S. I welcome your feedback but this is only testing at the moment, and is not the "final deal" yet. Please join and play a round (or ten) and comment on performance though!

PM me when you play, if I'm awake and available I'll join you. Be nice! I'm out of practice...

Post below after you're done and let me know how it performed for you (any lag, if tickrate's OK etc) - I'm going to tweak configuration to minimise load for the server, and maximise gameplay for everyone. If we get enough people who want different games then the server probably has the capacity to run several games at once. CS:S, TF2 and Killing Floor, and maybe a COD, are all possibilities (as is anything that runs Source but they are most popular) though COD is harder to set up and I don't have a copy. (Nor Killing Floor, but I can buy it more easily).

Last edited:

DJNY

I´m sure there are enough people interest in this!
I only have HL2 DEATHMATCH on my Notebook, it is to lame for newer titles.

Anyone interested in playing this one?

drevil

I'm surprised nobody mentioned Garry's Mod! :yabbem: If you like building things it is probably the best sandbox game out there. If you have not played it its only $10 on Steam right now. Gmod servers cost a lot though. I think Gmod is the only source mod that has lasers in it. The list of addons for Gmod is endless. you can pretty much build anything.

Garry's Mod on Steam

garrysmod.org - Garry's Mod Related Files!

Laser STOOL 2 Download!
:yh:

DJNY

Some pics I took yesterday during playing Half Life 2 Deathmatch :)

I have a Team Fortress 2 24/7 2Fort server you guys can play on.

vps1.bradsbox.info

Hosted in seattle.

Is this still going to happen? I just found this thread....

I'm averaging 108ms to bluesquaredata.com Not great, but playable...

Last edited:
[ot]
lol
oc*****nally play :D :D :D
[/ot]
average ping (bluesquaredata.com): 55ms (from italy)