Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

LPF "Back in the day "

Man this thread couldn't have went better. It's great to hear all of your stories. Glad to be a part of it all, even if it is a small part. Thanks LPF :)

I remember sitting at the meeting where we were discussing whether to "Let there be light" or not . . . .

Peace,
dave

:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

HA!! Nicely done, Dave...:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

I was going to ask if anyone remembered the days when lasers were carved from stone and powered by hot coals, BUT.....you bested me, PREEMPTIVELY!

I gotta ask: Who else was in attendance, and what was the final vote count (assuming there was a vote)?

On a related note: Thanks loads for "letting"....I think it's much better this way!:D

Things

I still have a Senkat 16x running in a massive project box too :D Built it around Nov 2007 from memory, and it still works.

Last edited:
I joined mid to late 2010.

The only cheap lasers were the 405nm PHRs and the 658nm LOCs. Not including the newwish pens.

I bought an 8X sled for s super low GB price of about $120!! That was CHEAP!! Though that was in 2011 I think.

Jayrob was the only laser kit seller, and the only fully custom hosts were Ehgemus. We had 3 drivers :crackup: the Rckstr, flexdrive, and microboost.

Stonetek ate my paychecks, and Aryntha and RHD stole my attention.

They were simple times.

Oh, and there were still people buying Pioneer 205's for the 12X diode, for around $250!!

Those were the days :)

EDIT: Who just gives boxes of everything? I need to meet this person!

Last edited:

sinner

Wow, very cool thread idea.. We should stay on topic :D

When i first started , it was just a quest to build one simple laser with computer parts :crackup: , funny because I have not used one computer part yet..

The reason I came here was to gain some knowledge, and learn about lasers in general because I was just as curious to know how they actually work as to build one.. And to be honest lpf taught me many things and lasers are just a portion of that!

My first lasers were in a fliashlight hosts , but I made a custom host later on which was more than welcome on lpf , and it's still going to this day!

Long live LP of F ! :wave:

If these lasers are so fairly new, when did the laws come about? Like in the US.(Mainly referring to the 5mw limit and such).

Last edited:
I was lurking right when the 445s came about, so they were still quite astonishing. I can't say I am the oldest member here, unfortunately, so I don't have as many great stories. But I remember always being jealous of RHD because he and I joined very near each other, temporally, and he always had the edge on me for monetary reasons XD I miss the guy, though. He was a great friend and I think he will always have a special place here at LPF because of his astonishing and innovative builds that he did. I mean, really, as far as I can remember, he was one of the few incredible builders around here at that time.

If these lasers are so fairly new, when did the laws come about? Like in the US.(Mainly referring to the 5mw limit and such).

They're still fairly old. Class IV lasers are decades old. Old ions have been doing Multi-watt output since the 70's.