Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looks like someone in AU is onto WL!

I knew something was happening 2 months ago.

But only about 1-2 weeks ago (or whenever the article came out) did I learn about an actual date, July 1st. So I've been going spending crazy over the last 2 weeks, because I won't be able to buy much more after this :)

Murudai said:
[quote author=roSSco link=1213066765/72#74 date=1213188655]
Smuggle it in an orifice.  :D

DX already prepared for something like that, and now we have the dilda laser  ;D[/quote]

stay away from the herc though you may need a wheelchair afterwards

diachi

Ace82 said:
It's the entire world that's messed up.  

Of yeah I forgot . it is pretty messed up, what with the NWO and things like that and all the lies that the government tell people and the amount of money they steal . ( Google it people I cant be bothered explaining )

BTW if anyone reads the Bible and thinks that the apocalypse is happening ( because things that are described in the bible are happening now ) then its because we're making it happen to follow what the Bible says, to fulfil the prophecy ( always wanted to say that ;D )

Sorry got all religious there ( Dont even have a religion ;D )

Diachi

john_lawson said:
[quote author=Murudai link=1213066765/84#84 date=1213196456][quote author=roSSco link=1213066765/72#74 date=1213188655]
Smuggle it in an orifice. :D

DX already prepared for something like that, and now we have the dilda laser ;D[/quote]

stay away from the herc though you may need a wheelchair afterwards [/quote]

Huh. Even worse, if you drop something and bend over to pick it up, you might laze the guy behind you, even blind them :-X

Put a nasty hole in your pants too.

roSSco

Murudai said:
[quote author=john_lawson link=1213066765/84#88 date=1213196902][quote author=Murudai link=1213066765/84#84 date=1213196456][quote author=roSSco link=1213066765/72#74 date=1213188655]
Smuggle it in an orifice. :D

DX already prepared for something like that, and now we have the dilda laser ;D[/quote]

stay away from the herc though you may need a wheelchair afterwards [/quote]

Huh. Even worse, if you drop something and bend over to pick it up, you might laze the guy behind you, even blind them :-X

Put a nasty hole in your pants too. [/quote]
No pain, no gain!

diachi

The laws in NSW Australia as detailed will be as follows and apply AFTER July 1, 2008:
* All lasers are now defined legally as "dangerous implements".
* Police may now search a premises or person for said lasers.
* Anyone CARRYING a laser pointer in a public place may be fined.
* Anyone USING a laser in a public place may be fined and imprisoned.
* Police now have the ability to frisk those suspected of carrying a laser.
* Class 3 & 4 Handheld Lasers will be restricted from import.
* The laws apply to handheld lasers, regardless of the ouput of the laser.
* If you own a laser pointer under 1mW, you may use it as needed.
* People who wish to use stronger handheld lasers in their work, [highlight]HOBBY[/highlight] or business may apply for an exemption.
* If you are stopped and found to be carrying a laser, you must show that you were traveling to or from your place of work/[highlight]HOBBY[/highlight]/business to/from your home at the time or you may be subject to a fine.

The highlighted bit suggests exemptions for people who collect lasers as a hobby.

Second thing :

In the last 12 months, there have been seven reported instances of lasers being used to target aircraft in the ACT alone. ( only 7 "attacks" :eek: )

Diachi

Switch

f you are stopped and found to be carrying a laser, you must show that you were traveling to or from your place of work/HOBBY/business to/from your home at the time or you may be subject to a fine.
Traveling to or from you place of hobby? :-? WAT? My hobby can be anywhere I want right? it's a damn hobby.....maybe it's shining lasers at trees in the forest....

diachi

Thats my point, If your a laser hobbyist then thats your hobby therefore its legal.

Diachi

roSSco

Diachi said:
Thats my point, If your a laser hobbyist then thats your hobby therefore its legal.

Diachi
All you need to do is show them your laser collection to prove you are a hobbyist. They will of course promptly arrest you, confiscate all of your "terrorist weapons" and send you to Siberia. ::)

diachi

well if you were really out to do mischief you would only need the one laser, right ?

Diachi

roSSco

Diachi said:
well if you were really out to do mischief you would only need the one laser, right ?

Diachi
But you have more than one hand. :D

Switch

roSSco said:
[quote author=Diachi link=1213066765/96#97 date=1213212150]well if you were really out to do mischief you would only need the one laser, right ?

Diachi
But you have more than one hand.  :D[/quote]
LASER TERRORIST FRENZY!!!!! *ZAP* *ZAP* Take that 747!! Pew pew pew!!! :D :D :D :D(I am kidding you retarded journalists)