Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking for yellow laser

SOSDD

I’m looking to purchase a laser in the yellow/gold range. Preferably hand held.

will NEVER be cheap.
I went with a yellow HeNe (from Sam $300 6mW no PS)
awesome beam very bright and no duty/rest cycles

he has more==see Sam's Laser Classifieds
you can combine red w/ green cheap-but it is far from perfect yellow.

goodluck

thought you would..

just looked for you--no Yellow at Sam's lots of green HeNes (I have 3)

Last edited:

gazer101

Nobody makes yellow handhelds anymore that I know of...
Contact CNI and get one of their tried-n-true $400 10mW modules and mount it into a host from SL (buy a few and see which fit best, can return the ones that don't work out). With such an expensive laser diode, you might as well experiment to see which host looks best and don't cheap out on the electronics or optics

EDIT: Or try these guys: https://lasence.en.alibaba.com/product/1600080939860-819396709/571nm_laser_module_yellow_laser.html
If they sell, they are the cheapest (high powered too at 50mW!) source of non-piss-green true yellow laser modules

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Restrictions on handhelds has made complete lasers difficult to obtain. However, CNI reseller Dragon Lasers still sells modules, which are what the handhelds would of had inside them. Get a host and hook up a module and you have a handheld still. It just saves the company from a legal nightmare. Currently Dragon Lasers doesn't have the module you want listed but do mention you can contact them on request. Alternatively you can cut out the middle man and just go straight through CNI.

Edit: $400 for 10mW

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
LaserGlow still does offer the Rigel HV 589nm if you want a prebuilt handheld. They used to offer a 593.5 pen, but that seems to have gone the way of the dinosaurs. I believe they are all made by CNI. Might want to grab one soon if you really want a handheld yellow, these seem to be getting more and more scarce.

In the CR2 pen host and a bigger CR123 host version.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Ouch. The price per mW on those. Well I am surprised tbh that they still have some handhelds. Bare in mind that Laserglow is also an CNI reseller. Just an expensive one.

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Ouch. The price per mW on those. Well I am surprised tbh that they still have some handhelds

I wonder if CNI will still make them as <5mW pens, or LaserGlow just has a bunch leftover and once they're gone they're gone. Might contact CNI and see if we can do a GB for the <5mW Rigel HV pen. Try to get the price down a bit. Would love to add this wavelength to my collection, but nearly $700 for a 5mW pen is a bit much.

Encap

If you don't get offered a used 589nm on LPF and If you are interested in a new CNI 589nm laser 5mW pen--AliExpress has a vendor listing for the CNI GLP 589nm 5mW for $279 with free shipping, buyer protection and free returns
see: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32950025008.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.1.667216d1mSME2a

Lowest price I have ever seen for one.

Re LaserGlow Rigel HV Pro, unfortunately LaserGlow will not sell or ship the higher power 10mW or 20mW versions to anyone in Canada or the USA only the 2mW so the 5mW Rigel HV 5mW is the hightest output

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
I wonder if CNI will still make them as <5mW pens, or LaserGlow just has a bunch leftover and once they're gone they're gone. Might contact CNI and see if we can do a GB for the <5mW Rigel HV pen. Try to get the price down a bit. Would love to add this wavelength to my collection, but nearly $700 for a 5mW pen is a bit much.

CNI probably won’t make them anymore due to laws that came in surrounding handhelds. Any Rigels (Laserglow) or Auroras (Dragon Lasers) still out there will likely be old stock. Dragon Lasers are getting around it by offering dpss modules. Either use a reseller with old stock or buy modules and make your own handheld. Like Encap correctly pointed out. Companies won’t sell >5mW pointers to the US.

Just throwing this out to see if anyone wants me to try.

And asking if anyone done biz or know anything more about Lasense? (not sure of the spelling)
_
SO I can start a new feeler thread or use this thread. (the OP make that call)
Any interest in a 'new style' Group Buy ??
I can see if Gray (YES it is GRAY .. not Gary btw) at JETLASERS (Yes it is Jetlasers or JETLASERS not jet laser or any other way)
and also ask Chuck at AixiZ (YES that is the correct spelling)
...IF they might get the Lab style yellow and offer them at a better price (by getting 100 pcs) or just get one to test for us.
I would not be asking for money up front, just a commitment to buy. I am guessing that Gray would , being in China would likely be able to get and offer a better price. (only a guess atm), but MYB not.

Pen style is nice BUT the high price and less heat sinking would make me want to build a 'porta-labby' yellow.--or remove the laser from the lab style enclosure to put into another smaller heat sink or (remove) & machine the existing one to make smaller???
Chuck and Xia might be making another China trip to visit family and friends there and visit makers to see what is new and get samples to bring back or place an order to be sent to Houston.
They have done that many times before.
Gray is in China already and may have an advantage by being there. Both Gray and Xia have no language issue.

...so think about this while I get with them for feedback.
I am hoping we can get them at $200usd plus shipping or myb free ship to USA.
Please reply if have 'serious' desires to buy one, depending upon price, of course. I own yellow 6 mW HeNe (thanks again Sam) I can survive w/o another... BUT the higher mW, lower price, VERY temoting.
PLUS less or no Rest Cycle, and being (eventually) a handheld might make me want one. In the dark we mostly see the beam and 'spot' and the laser itself is not imo a factor.
Myb we can get someone here to design and make a host.
ATM I do not think these will some day be much cheaper like other nm lasers have in the past-
My first 532nm pen laser cost $40 AND since I was back then clueless about duty/rest cycles it died (DUH!).. now the same laser is less than $4.

Anyone have one of these yellow labbies??

I forget what it was called.... in the past members chipped in to get one laser sent & have a Vet to test one for the forum.
AFAIK the 'tester' got to keep the sample.

(fyi) - I would not be interested in going thru Opt (Freeman)
as I got burnt by Opt- no laser no refund--fool me once only.)

I will start a new feeler thread if one or both (Gray & Chuck) agrees to help us.

have a nice day and Easter--- hak

Last edited:
(from Ali listing)

Attachments

• Hd1f98f8d6cf648488976da4d04ddb1b1c.jpg
    Hd1f98f8d6cf648488976da4d04ddb1b1c.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 9

Encap

Just throwing this out to see if anyone wants me to try.

And asking if anyone done biz or know anything more about Lasense? (not sure of the spelling)
_
SO I can start a new feeler thread or use this thread. (the OP make that call)
Did you ever get you "yellow" lab type module or a refund from OPT Laser?

There is nothing to have a group buy about, yet. Nobody has any confirmation from them that they have anything to sell.
In fact Zraffleticket has said confirmation they have nothing to sell.
Lasence has nothing to deliver nor does Opt Laser at this point-----same quality, crystal problems, reliability, and production repeatability/new product development problems as 2 years ago. Nothing but problems.

Would assume those modules are not a business priority for them as the can make a lot more money a lot quicker/faster on other proven fully developed products with already established strong markets for those products
Would guess nothing is going to change much in the near future. The modules are on a "slow boat", it seems.

See post #17m #23, and #24 in thread: https://laserpointerforums.com/thre...d-any-power-is-fine-starting-from-1mw.108105/

Last edited: