Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Looking for yellow laser

Encap

They did make a batch of the pulsed 8mm 561's. I passed on them then they sold out. They are still pumping things out, just very slowly.
A 8mm 4mW PWM pulsed chartreuse green 561nm as in post #32?
Looks like they still have some available--order was cancelled or they made a few more.
4mW PWM/50% duty cycle modulated at 110Hz pulsed 561nm chartreuse modules.

Last edited:

bulukaki

I've also been eyeing their 561nm modules in the last few days... (also their 545 and 555nm ones too)

May be worth adding a few bucks and get the 10-20mw one instead, it's much bulkier though

P.s. on the spec sheet they claim the 10-20mW one is CW

Last edited:

Sowee7

I've also been eyeing their 561nm modules in the last few days... (also their 545 and 555nm ones too)

May be worth adding a few bucks and get the 10-20mw one instead, it's much bulkier though

P.s. on the spec sheet they claim the 10-20mW one is CW
i have their 555 and 561 modules, now im buying their 575nm yellow laser

FAP

561 is called yellow by some, it is more yellow than for example, 532 nm, but it's really lime. It is an unusual wavelength, that's why I like it, but not because I consider it a yellow color, or even close to it in my eye. If you want 575, those modules were the cheapest way to get it, too bad they can't reproduce a stable crystal. You could get a OPSL at 577 nm, but yikes, the price.

Encap

I love this forum. That’s a lot of great info guys..... thanks!! I may try to do the module thing but who knows.
Interested in yellow lasers? -Here is one for you to think/dream about.

If want an ultimate yellow laser experience and you have the funds + place here is one fantastic 589nm and reasonable priced CNI system that allows you to create your own artificial "star" in the night by illuminating sodium atoms located in the atmosphere at 90 km altitude See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser_guide_star
Also see: https://www.eso.org/public/teles-instr/paranal-observatory/vlt/vlt-instr/4lgsf/
Wavelength 589.159 + or - 0.001nm

You can buy a personal laser guide star from CNI for about $45,000 as of 2015 maybe a little more now maybe not. see product data sheet here: http://www.cnilaser.com/PDF/HPL-589.159-Q.pdf
"Specifications:
Model:HPL-589-Q
Wavelength (nm): 589.159±0.001
Operating mode: Q-switched: AOM (Acousto-Optic Modulation)
Single pulse energy (mJ): 1.2mJ@5kHz
Pulse duration (ns): ~150
Peak power (kW): 8
Rep. rate (kHz): 4~6, adjustable
Average power (W): 1~6@5kHz, typical
Ave power stability (over 4 hours): <3%, <5%
Warm-up time (minutes): <15
Beam divergence, full angle (mrad): <3.0
Beam diameter at the aperture (mm): ~10.0
Beam height from base plate (mm): 90
Cooled method : Water Cooled
Operating temperature (℃): 15~35
Power supply (220/110VAC): PSU-HPL-Q(8U)
Expected lifetime (hours): 10000
Warranty period: 1 year"

As I mentioned in 2015:
"I just receive back a quote for the CNI Laser Guide Star (LGS) system HPL-589.159-Q/0.2~1.2mJ/1~6W LD PUMPED ALL-SOLID-STATE AOM Q-SWITCHED LASER with HPL-PSU and water chiller for cooling laser---complete system --price was not as high as I thought it might be."

"The lowest cost version, bottom of the range, price for 1 piece, CNI, HPL-589.159-Q/0.2~1.2mJ/1W with PSU and water chiller, 589nm +/ - 0.001nm, < 10% stability, is $44,000.00US FOB CNI factory/China.
Price/cost increases from there based upon mW of output power and % stability --the system is available in output powers from 1W to 6W and stability specs of <3%, <5%, and < 10%.
Interestingly, the CNI LGS system while expensive, it is not too expensive--is a very affordable system for University and College Observatories and other people and places that have a need or desire to have one. It is not hundreds of thousands of dollars or millions of dollars, it is very affordable by comparison about what an average mid priced car costs. Tens of thousands of dollars is very different from the tens of millions of dollars Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory spent creating the first 589nm Yellow Guide Star System."

2021: I am thinking to apply for a car loan and telling the the Bank I want to buy a CNI 589i . lol

Below: Breathtaking beam shot of the magnificent 4, 22W 589nm in operation at the most powerful laser guide star system in the world at the Paranal Observatory. On 26 April 2016 ESO’s Paranal Observatory in Chile hosted an event to mark the first light for the four powerful lasers that form a crucial part of the adaptive optics systems on ESO’s Very Large Telescope.
Imagine getting a chance to see that 4 beam in operation in person. :cool:

ESO 4 beam guide star 4 baems.jpg

Last edited: