Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking for Laser

• Thread starter Deleted member 62150
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 62150

Hey guys, so, I am getting into laser collecting and have many other lasers many of which I got from Amazon. Sadly Amazon sells basic to 1watt lasers only. I am looking for a site that ships it's lasers from the usa because of the Corona virus. I am looking for a laser in the color of blue that is at minimum, 5 watts. Do any of you know what site is trustworthy and safe that might sell a 5 wat blue laser for under $400?

we cannot give you shipping cost until I know where>> thanks

D

Deleted member 62150

Shipping? I'm not to worried about shipping. Was wanting to know some store or website suggestions.

D

Deleted member 62150

SORRY
We are not able to help you at this time.

I smell something---fishy
Something fishy? Lol haven't heard that phrase in a while, lol. If you are suspicious of me, please ask me with what your wondering about and I'll try to clear things up the best way I can. I have no intintion of being deceptive.

Coonie

What hakzaw is trying to say is we cannot give you advice on where to pick up a seriously dangerous laser to someone we know nothing about... such as age. We get a lot of kids who see a few youtube videos about doing dumb things with dangerously high lasers all the time looking to buy one of these things. It's a potentially dangerous situation because they are not toys and will destroy someones sense of sight permanently. We take this serious. Although we cannot guarantee what people say as truth we can still try our best to determine the sincerity of who we screen.

5 watts is a lot of power. What made you decide to get that as a minimum?
Also, not to pick on you, but you don't even know a simple thing such as what batteries you can and cannot use like you mentioned in your other thread https://laserpointerforums.com/threads/how-can-i-make-this-work.106870/
How can you be trusted with operating a laser such as that? It's a huge red flag

Last edited:

Snecho

I personally don't see any problem with age or "location." In Miya's welcome post, they seem to be a responsible adult with being safety conscious about avoiding planes, and asking who can see it in a countryside night sky.

My main concern is always laser goggles.

Do you already happen to have EaglePair safety goggles?

What do you want a 5W blue laser for? Want to look at the beam? Want to burn things? Have some sort of professional use? Just want to have a more powerful laser than a friend? Want to see how fast you can blind yourself?

Hi Miya,
Just introduce your self and where your from on the globe , things you like to do as a hobby or sport. Age is a plus to this is due to safety concerns . Nobody here is bashing you we all agree on safety in our hobby , and we like to keep it that way. There are many knowledgable folks here to help remedy you wants and questions. If your in Europe or Asia look to Tung Lasers he is in that area and shipping should be swift. he makes a good product and is well known here on the forum.
Rich:)

If you are concerned about covid-19 the US might not be the safest place to buy one. We have more cases here and more deaths than any other place on earth. I would use China as they seem to be a bit better off than we are here. It is highly unlikely that the virus will survive on porous surfaces like the packaging. You can disinfect the laser if you like with 70% isopropanol or higher concentration.