Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking for hosts

svdr

Hi, I'm working on 2 445nm projects :

1. PL450B @ 100mA Mohasm driver
2. M140 @ 1.8 A X-drive

Diodes are from DTR in module with copper heatsink, and I have the drivers from Lazeerer

I need good quality hosts for these. I think the PLTB450 won't need anything special, and may even work in an ordinary penhost, but I believe I need something with a more
substantial heatsinking for the M140.

For the PLTB450 I was thinking towards this one :
www.rayfoss.com
Do you agree that one is a suitable host for it?

What would you advise for the M140?

For both projects, all I have now are the diodes in their modules, and the drivers.

For the hosts, I'm looking for a dealer where I can get all the other parts at once.

Thanks for your time and advice,

Last edited:

jimdt7

Well for the PLTB450, I would use a chrome pen host to make it more stylish,
@jayrob sells complete kits ;)
About the M140, it depends on what kind of dutycycles you would like...:beer:

Jim

Blord

The rayfoss link doesn't work.
The host isn't the problem. You need to find the matching heatsink. There are some shops that sell heatsinks. If you can't find a sink then find a machinist to make a sink for the host.

jimdt7

The rayfoss link doesn't work.
The host isn't the problem. You need to find the matching heatsink. There are some shops that sell heatsinks. If you can't find a sink then find a machinist to make a sink for the host.

Are you sure about the link...? Mine works perfectly :undecided:

Jim

Blord

Maybe the site is temporary down. I can't make a link. :(

Try one if sinners host... I think I'm going to pull the trigger myself before he stops.

svdr

Just about to order a couple of WF501B's at DX and some heatsinks at Eudaimonium's.

you will need to use two cells (~7V) to run the 100mA driver for the osram diode.

I have a gutted chrome pen style host with pocket clip that is in fine condition. No scratches or dents. I can even provide a matching chrome push button for it. $5.00 + S & H if ya want it.
rob/phoenix77

What about a Aurora Sh-032? I love that host! Building a laser of each color in one....