Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking for a disk, circle or ring laser pointer

Searching for laser pointers on the web i came across this site. I am not even sure if its possiable so i decided to post and ask the experts.

Anyway what i am looking for is a hand held pointer that would project a ring, or even a small disk. So a solid circle or just the perimeter. i have been looking for a while and i cant seem to find one is there such a thing?
:can:

yeah just use a diffraction grating. the cheap 5mw reds from your local dollar store might have one.

Thanks sounds easy enough

I guess my other need would be that the laser point is only going to be used from 1 ft - 2 ft distance and i would need atleast a 2 inch - 10 inch ring in that distance. Obviously it will expand and shrink depending on distance but i assume most pointers are ment to be used from 10-20 feet away.

Either way im still looking on websites i havent found exactlly what i want yet.

Krutz

well, much easier for the solid disk:
un-focus your laser! depends on what laser it is, of course. alternatively, you can mount a long-focus-length (="weak") lens in front of your laser, enlarging the dot.
but yes, i would get a 1$ pointer with dozens of useless pattern-heads ;-)

a circle will be much more visible than a solid disk, obviously!

manuel

...you could unfocus a laser and then put something on the center of the lens to block the light, so you only get a ring instead of a dot.

Things

...you could unfocus a laser and then put something on the center of the lens to block the light, so you only get a ring instead of a dot.

You still loose power that way, not like a diffraction grating or mirror/motor.