Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Long Range Lasers

These tested laser pointers have outputs of 54mw 74mw and 120mw!!! China dealer advertised as 5mw... Looks like the same ones on your website...

IMG_1820_zpsb205e835.jpg

IMG_1819_zpsf8b6143c.jpg

Last edited:

We went through many manufacturers to finally find ours. We narrowed 100 down to 10 then sampled from the 10 and targeted what we believed was the highest quality manufacturer. Through this experience we found that there are hundreds of manufacturers that make very similar looking products. The design is the same almost everywhere but the odds of that being the same as our manufacturer are very low. Thank you for the insight though, we will soon be testing ours once we can get our hands on a reliable LPM (any suggestions on where to find an accurate one?) and sharing the findings on our website and other social media outlets.

Please Laze Responsibly,
Long Range Lasers

as for a LPM what is your price limit and how quickly do you want/need one?

if you want one quickly than contact Jerry aka LaserBee or Dave aka Daguin. they both have units available right now available for immediate shipping.

LaserBee will run you anywhere from $200+ and Dave only has one unit for sale and its $300. you can talk to them about the specifics but LaserBee uses a TEC head and has data logging (2.5W USB) while Dave's uses some head i forgot but is similar to a Ophir (VERY high quality and fast response time) and has no data logging

Last edited:
I am currently looking into having a friend in the engineering department at the University build us one. I will keep everybody informed on where we are at in the process.

Stop buying defective lasers!!
This company will be built by laser lovers for laser lovers!
My name is Andy I started a Laser Pointer company a few months ago called LRL (Long Range Lasers). I am really looking for some feedback on the product and the website itself. We offer the highest quality <5mW Laser Pointers on the market. We currently offer green and are looking into adding blue/violet to our inventory. We would like to engage the entire laser loving community into the building of this company so please feel free to send us your thoughts, suggestions, comments, and questions to
DontLazeMeBro.com
or post on our facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/LongRangeLasers

Description of our Long Range Lasers
<5mW
532nm (Green)
Range of 5 miles
Visible beam at night

Each of the lasers are Hand Tested for quality.

Visit us at
DontLazeMeBro.com
like us on Facebook for a chance to win a FREE laser pointer!
https://www.facebook.com/LongRangeLasers

I've looked over your site and I don't see any reason why one should buy from you. I can buy a green pointer for $4.94 on Ebay. You've hand tested these for quality. What does that mean? Do they contain AR coated lenses specific to the 532nm wavelength. Do they have a beam divergence of less than 0.5 mrad? Can you focus these lasers? Do they etc,etc. A laser pointer is a laser pointer. So what makes your lasers better than another companies lasers? I know I sound harsh but this is the reality; everyone sells green laser pointers. You both need to come up with something that sets apart your laser pointers from everyone else. Good luck to both of you.

Last edited:
Please tell me this is just an April Fools joke that hasn't been revealed yet.

If it's not, you need to get a clue.

This ain't 2005 anymore. Nobody will pay $20 for an incredibly ordinary "5mW" laser pointer in that NewWish host. Those lasers are a dime-a-dozen and found everywhere -- even on Amazon.com -- for cheaper, and overspec.

The only reason why anyone buys a laser in a NewWish host these days is because it's probably overspec. Otherwise, it's an lame laser host found on hundreds of sites. Nobody wants a 5mW NewWish unless they're like $4 shipped.

People don't care that your laser is certified eye-safe. Not in that host anyway. Your "quality testing" should reveal that the laser you're selling is fundamentally low-quality. Do a little research before you try to pass off shit like that, at those prices, on here.

If people are truly seeking out an eye-safe green laser they're going to pay for something nice. You know, a laser in a nice Leadlight host, a laser from AtlasNova, or something from Think Geek. Again, not for some crappy NewWish pointer out of Hong Kong.

Finally, you should have your nickname changed here. Someone else already has your nickname unless you're the same person, but I highly doubt it.

Last edited:
Feel free to purchase an AtlasNova or Think-Geek laser for $60, or you can go to WalMart and buy a <5mW for $40. Or you can go on eBay and get your hands on an overspec that will most likely not work after an hour. I have done the research and tested enough lasers out there to confidently say there are not many places you can find a Cheap and Reliable laser pointer. Hand tested for quality means exactly what it says, we have hand tested each and every product before sending it out to insure the customer receives a quality, non-defective laser pointer. If you can find a reliable, high quality <5mW laser anywhere else for cheaper, then go for it. Long Range Lasers has reliable, high quality <5mW lasers at a moderate price with fast free shipping, that is our positioning and we are here looking for constructive criticism and feedback.

We are not here to be attacked, especially from someone who has never even tested the product. These claims do not come without data. Our largest group of clients are from the Salt Lake Astronomical Society and they have had nothing but positive feedback regarding our laser pointers.

Please Laze Responsibly,
Long Range Lasers

Maybe we should make out value proposition more clear, such as putting it on the home page or in larger font, on the website so those with poor eyesight can read it.

Give me a break dude. You're not buying any special laser modules. They're just plain NewWish laser pointers that every other cheapo website sells. Stamping "Quality" all over the webpage doesn't make it so. Bumping up the font size on your site doesn't either.

Your credibility is further undermined by: 1) the dime-a-dozen host that'll have the same quality problems as any other; 2) the fact that you don't even have the equipment to verify the quality of your lasers; 3) that you have already stated that you're just taking your Hong Kong "suppliers" specs at face value (DEAL BREAKER); 4) your demonstrated lack of knowledge, comparisons, or benchmarks to back up your claims, and 5) a web site that is nothing more than a glorified front for an eBay ad.

The onus is on you, the seller, to back up your claims of quality. So far I have not read anything on your site besides unverified claims and proclamations. Feedback from a bunch of astronomy nuts with no expertise in such matters is not "data" especially when their expected usage patterns indicate nothing that would back your claims that your products are superior to any other.

Furthermore, you have not demonstrated your claims of reliability, either for your own products, or for others. Where are your tests? Where are your comparisons to other products? You don't even have a meter! I doubt you've even run one of your lasers longer than the hour time period that you believe other lasers would die in. Your site is devoid of anything besides your unverified claims.

So yeah, I'm cutting down this joke of a product site until you have something that validates your claims. $20 for an ordinary NewWish pointer with no meaningful reasons to purchase is a complete rip-off. We're not a bunch of rubes here. Maybe you think marketing alone will pull you through, the kind of thing Wicked Lasers does. However, only ignorant customers, like those Astronomy Society folks, will buy from you. Even then, they should be skeptical considering that your laser looks like any other and your site has zero meaningful data to back up your claims.

Last edited:
What would you feel would be a good way to improve the website? I just used Joomla, I am not the best web developer and we do not have the capital to pay for one, that is probably why it looks like a blog, if you have any suggestions I would love to hear them. dime-a-dozen host? We went through a lot of work weeding out the poor quality manufacturers to find these. Now if you would like to contribute ideas rather than cutting down the company it would be appreciated by us as well as other forum users. This company is an opportunity for everyone here to be a part of and go forward with a positive attitude, NOT a thread to be trolling on. Now if you have suggestions for what you would like to see in the company and how to get there then feel free to make your voice heard.

"If you don't have anything productive to say, might as well not say anything"
Long Range Lasers

haha yeah, no disrespect to anyone with that but i just enjoy when two people feel strongly about something and express their feelings. i think a lot of productivity comes out of those situations and in the end is best for everyone. if you want to read a good debate there is one between laserbee and ARG, that will in the end be best for everyone since it will force innovation and progression :)

^^^HAHA which one, there are many. im about to run to class so if when i get back no one has linked to it then ill dig some up.