Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

List of Laser Drivers - Available

jnrpop

Looks good, Corey. Astralist, I'd keep the linear driver around as you just never know. :yh:

Thanks Paul :beer:

Update on the OP, found a few sources for Linear drivers, Also updated Astalists new drivers and organised the links to show also Specific info from a specific page.

Still not sure on Astalists Ezydrive if its in prodiction, everyones looking forward to the new Picodrive though, 12mm x 9mm!!!

Thanks members :beer:

As soon as he gets them and has tested them, I plan on buy some for my Sharp diodes in stock. Also expect Sharp to release some new wavelengths eventually.

jnrpop

Updated with Astralists new Superdrive V, a Buck driver capable of 4.5-4.7A @~5Vf, with 8.2V in (2x cells) - Links are in the OP

Old Picodrive, old Superdrive HV, old Superdrive LV, GenericL and GenericH have all been replaced and are now obsolete

J :beer:

jnrpop

Updated with the new LDSE500, by X-Wossee. A Buck/Boost < 500mA and Vf < 9v

J :beer:

kecked

Laserwinkle has a great driver
Stanwax has a great driver
Flexmod was a great driver

looks like it needs 12v to work and that isn't very comfortable on our handheld builds,price also is very close to the other drivers that we widely use.

It's a big driver, not good for our pointers, at least, most of them, but that model can be modulated with analog, and for a projector driver you want to modulate that way, a very good price.

I agree. It is far to large for a pointer, but would work great in a lab host and with a fan output and analog modulation for <$25.00 it is not at all a bad driver.

Last edited:

DTR

It looks nicer than anything else I have seen offered from a china vendor as a laser driver but would still want to see some scope tests on it, how far it actually drifts from the 5A(typ) listed during normal usage and specially how well it can be thermally managed.

If I ever get one, I'll definitely check it out on a dummy load with my scope and use my thermal meter with the tiny thermistor to see if the heat can be managed well or if it leaves one wishing that it did. That meter has one of the smallest probes for temperature measurement I've seen yet. It also measures in both C and F at the same time.

Last edited: