Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

List of Laser Diodes - 06/02/2021

jnrpop

I'm sorry, did you just say a 5W 488nm diode!??

And also we could probably overdrive the 1.5W rated green to 2W and over?? This is awesome!

oops, sorry its a new 2W 488nm 9mm diode, a 5W 455nm 9mm diode and a 1.5W 525nm 9mm diode ... but still impressive

(y)

Giannis_TDM

oops, sorry its a new 2W 488nm 9mm diode, a 5W 455nm 9mm diode and a 1.5W 525nm 9mm diode ... but still impressive

(y)
I have found the 2w on (site*) for 10$ a pop me and styro are looking into it. * it's blocked out since we haven't confirmed that it's not a scam. Looks very promising though the seller has good ratings.

Snecho

(y)
Still, 2W of 488? Like for real I'm dreaming.

This is some pretty radically exciting stuff for sure

Last edited:

Snecho

Yep I got the datasheet Divergence is average and max power rating per Nich!@ is 2400mw.
Can't believe this is really happening, a multiwatt 488.

Any info on max output for the 1.5W green?

If it's the seller I think it is, they've been dodging me for nearly two years on that diode (or an older version of it). Good luck

I would expect these should be for sale on ebay soon........used to be Jordan would order a few hundred and mate them with modules/lenses/drivers for the masses as well, someone could make a buck here........I don't have an account for that site but someone here does.

I will send you the link, If you are lucky they will reply and offer you one.

Any reason why you don't just post the link ? A search for NDS7175 yields the same.

There's an existing/dated thread for this as well which does not bode well.

http://www.nichia.co.jp/specification/products/ld/NDS7175-E.pdf

Last edited:
Link is easy to find if you Google the part #. Alibaba seller.

Y'all are a bit too optimistic on this. The seller lists pretty much everything in n!chias catalog. I've asked them several times over the years about oddball diodes and they always gave an excuse and either recommended some other common diode or just turned me away completely. They give the smell of "I don't know what I'm selling" which is a red flag to me.

Snecho

Link is easy to find if you Google the part #. Alibaba seller.

Y'all are a bit too optimistic on this. The seller lists pretty much everything in n!chias catalog. I've asked them several times over the years about oddball diodes and they always gave an excuse and either recommended some other common diode or just turned me away completely. They give the smell of "I don't know what I'm selling" which is a red flag to me.
That's probably what I thought as well.

But it exists right? This stuff is official by Nichia. Can we buy from Nichia directly?

Yes it is possible, but I'm not aware of any member here who has managed to buy from them direct. We'd likely make a small order (as in less than 10k diodes), so it would be a waste of their time to make unless they drove the cost up to compensate. Manufacturing a small run will likely drive up the cost into the "prohibitively expensive" range.

Snecho

Yes it is possible, but I'm not aware of any member here who has managed to buy from them direct. We'd likely make a small order (as in less than 10k diodes), so it would be a waste of their time to make unless they drove the cost up to compensate. Manufacturing a small run will likely drive up the cost into the "prohibitively expensive" range.
So the only way to buy is through a third party company/seller who ordered thousands of diodes from Nichia...unfortunate.

Damn, you think they'd cut some a break and sell a small amount they have on-hand or something.

It's always worth trying to contact them though :p

conglyvaness

Pretty interesting and i used it abit for referencing which was handy.
Havn't put in the early day 650-660nm

loreadarkshade

Just wanna say thanks for taking the time to make this!
And nice profile picture! Haha, I too, have trouble not buying more lasers...