Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

List of Laser Diodes - 06/02/2021

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
I have never seen a direct diode exceed 538nm ever in writing. 560nm is dream land for stable semiconductors atm. 539-598nm is a semiconductor void as far as I'm aware from researching.

Edit: And why is there a DPSS on a diode only list?

Edit 2: Research has been done with quantum wells with the same material CO2 lenses are made out of (ZnSe). That is all I've found. ~560-561nm. One referenced a picosecond diode. So not ordinary semiconductor tech to say the least.

Last edited:

FireMyLaser

So it exist in a lab. No point adding a diode to the list if we cant have the part number or source to get one, or any other useful data. I understand why people want to fill the spectrum but lets stick to whats reasonable.

ZRaffleticket

Does anybody know the actual name of those 593nm laser diodes used in the spartan from dragonlaser?
These are DPSS modules produced by CNI. PGL VI series (12mm) were what they used in the pens, and the PGL-H (20mm)/H1's (26mm) were used in the PGL-III-A, III-C and III-M portable models. CNI only produces 593.5nm in the PGL-H1 series anymore... though they have been known to do custom orders for modules outside of their advertised lineup in the past.

I am in agreement on keeping DPSS separate. You can get DPSS lasers the size of a 5.6mm diode these days; but that doesn't make them a diode. The 560's that circulated around here were DPSS. Same for the 545s, 555s, 565s, 575s and everything between.

Typically you're only going to see a few manufacturers for DPSS modules we'd be shoving into hosts. Either the mass produced 532's you can buy for a few dollars, the high end CNI modules, maybe a lasever module, OPTlaser module or the more recent lasence modules. I'm sure there are others, but these are the big ones today that we'd be shoving into something portable. Even then, they'd more or less all be case positive, something we don't really have a steady supply of drivers for thus making them somewhat difficult to build with.

Encap

I have never seen a direct diode exceed 538nm ever in writing. 560nm is dream land for stable semiconductors atm. 539-598nm is a semiconductor void as far as I'm aware from researching.

Edit: And why is there a DPSS on a diode only list?

Edit 2: Research has been done with quantum wells with the same material CO2 lenses are made out of (ZnSe). That is all I've found. ~560-561nm. One referenced a picosecond diode. So not ordinary semiconductor tech to say the least.

Exactly, Curtis and Zraffleticket.
Is to be expected on an open public forum like LPF that people who do not know what they are talking about and/or don't know any better than to post conjectures about conclusions based on incomplete and unverified information will make posts to a thread like this one.

Re: 561nm, 589nm, and 593.5nm:
CNI China always was and still is the only manufacturer making compact DPSS modules in wavelengths 561nm, 589nm, 593,5nm for several reasons. They have always been expensive and never have been mass produced at any time either.
Everything ever sold by anyone in that range was just reselling CNI product. All of DragonLasers items are and always have been CNI made products that they resell.
It ss common sense easy to look at Laser Diode Source which has over 10,000 laser diodes, modules, and systems listed.
Without going past the home page anyone can see the range from 532 to 600nm is completely absent in the list of wavelength ranges. so... if in doubt see: https://www.laserdiodesource.com/ first.

From the 2001 researchgate article you can guess it all went downhill to nowhere in 20 years for a lot of real reasons.

Anybody who wants to see a list of DPSS laser wavelengths can have a look a CNI's extensive list of wavelengths on their home page : http://www.cnilaser.com/ and have a look at compact modules that could be used in a battery powered hand held here: http://www.cnilaser.com/Laser-Module.htm

Last edited: