Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

likeitbright's 300mw small red laser

Hey there, I'm replying to this thread per your recent PM...

maby you can find a old review ive done some time ago on this forum....
Maybe YOU should supply us with the damn link... :rolleyes:

...Would buying the recommended batteries solve my problems?
LIB forgot what laser you were talking about (re: 90% of his lasers run on 14500s). No, this puppy will only take 10440s.

SPEAKING OF WHICH...

The UltraFire 10440s suck. I had to buy about 10 of them just to get 2~3 that would properly power LIB's minichrome. Read my review for further details.

But before we discuss this any further, please define "bad battery life". Do you have an LPM? How long does your laser run with constant, apparent max brightness? Does it seem to dim almost immediately (~30s) or are you talking about longer periods?

borgqueenx... I explained you some time ago in detail what the problem at your 300mW laser is...
Since you're going public with this, please elaborate. FYI, LIB uses a classic Flexdrive, a classic LOC, etc.

To me likeitbright has A WAY less knowledge than he is telling you. The laser doesn´t work as it should!
Come again? :huh:

Yeah, so that laser uses a 10440 host. There were a bad batch of 10440 batteries (traveller knows about this). You will need to replace your 10440 with a new and reliable battery. Then you should be fine.

Traveller had exactly the same symptoms with a minichome red laser - turn out all the batteries we were trying were defective - and this is something like 6 batteries all told. Unless the driver has developed a problem then the battery is the problem. If you know how, measure the current drawn through the tailcap of the laser with a multimeter and post that here.

Last edited:

DJNY

If it are just the batteries this would be fine borgqueenx. Hope this turns out well and it that it hasn´t the same problem my LOC had!

Will measure the current when im home. About17:00 gmt+1.
So the aw batteries linked above are good?
Any more reccomendations because that site that sells aw is expensive and probaly asks shipping price as well.

The aw tend to be good but most non defective 10440 should be fine also. Afaik 10440 were largely unprotected until recently. A protected battery is safer of course.

The aw will almost certainly be fine, the others probably too though less likely. The problem seems to have been a bad 'batch' (thousands if not more) of batteries. I forget the exact brand but it was ultrafire or trustfire that the issue was with.

i do have a couple of those ultrafire 10440 protected and unprotected wich i dont really use.
i havent tested them for capacity and such, but i could probobly send you 2 or something, in the hope that these were from the "good" batch.
No costs attached :p just a adress needed

Pm me if your interested

anyway im back to work...

Thanks il take that:)
If they are bad i probaly buy the soshine batterys if djny says they are good...
I have no idea how much the shipping cost is at the website with the aw batterys.

...this puppy will only take 10440s.

SPEAKING OF WHICH...

The UltraFire 10440s suck. I had to buy about 10 of them just to get 2~3 that would properly power LIB's minichrome. Read my review for further details....

...I forget the exact brand but it was ultrafire or trustfire that the issue was with.

Yeah, non-protected Ultrafires. A shame that, because I've had little problems with their other sizes. As you said, LiB, a bad batch. a biiig bad batch... argh.

Btw, The build tolerances of these minichromes are pretty much perfect which leads me to think that a protected 10440 may have a hard time fitting... :undecided:

p.s. I have mine in the office (it's my "exceutive" desk laser ;) ) and just fired it up for 120 consecutive seconds without any apparant dimming (or exessive heat, for that matter) :beer:

DJNY

Afaik the unprotected 10440 batts are stronger. You be would be able to use magnetic spacer to get the necessary length.

I really hope the whole battery life problem goes away after buying other batteries:)
Are unprotected dangerous? I have a over-discharge prevention charger or something like that.

EDIT: lighthoud asks 15 dollar in total for 2 aw 10440's...bit expensive...
Maby il go for the soshine charger+pair.

are there more suggestions? :)

p.s. I have mine in the office (it's my "exceutive" desk laser ;) ) and just fired it up for 120 consecutive seconds without any apparant dimming (or exessive heat, for that matter) :beer:
and wich batteries do you use?

Last edited:
all my protected ones seem to have died but the unprotected ones seems fine, will be @ the post office saturday.

id expect it to be in your mailbox thu/wen or anywhere in the next week, if TNT doesnt screw up once again;)lol

all my protected ones seem to have died but the unprotected ones seems fine, will be @ the post office saturday.

id expect it to be in your mailbox thu/wen or anywhere in the next week, if TNT doesnt screw up once again;)lol

usally this day send, delivered tommorow with TNT.
you gotta praise them for their speed.
almost never had exeptions with that rule.

To bad you are busy though:( monday is a new work week.
i by the way found a shop that sells 14500 batteries, and today i said i didnt need those anymore, but 10440. He's researching it now...i hope he calls me about info tommorow.

Last edited: