Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Light still being emitted from laser even when off

Care to explain WHY they're in the Guinness Book of Records then?

And what about everything else I said? No defense?

You mean this?

Most powerful handheld laser: Wicked Lasers sets world record (Video)

Please....most of their "1W" Krypton's don't even output 800mW of 532nm light. Also, them listing it as the most powerful handheld laser(which it never was) is a bunch of lies. There are way more powerful handheld lasers in the 445nm range, some of them easily output 3W+ of that beautiful blue :)

-Alex

Last edited:

...right. No defense. That's what I thought. Straight from the 2007 Guinness World Records certificate (thus making it FACT whether you like it or not):

'The Spyder Green 300 is the most powerful battery powered handheld laser commercially available. Made by Wicked Lasers (China), the class IIIb device has an average output of 300 milliWatts (mW) with peak readings of 420 mW. At close range it can ignite matches, cut tape and pop balloons.'

Last edited:
...right. No defense. That's what I thought. Straight from the 2007 Guinness World Records certificate (thus making it FACT whether you like it or not):

'The Spyder Green 300 is the most powerful battery powered handheld laser commercially available. Made by Wicked Lasers (China), the class IIIb device has an average output of 300 milliWatts (mW) with peak readings of 420 mW. At close range it can ignite matches, cut tape and pop balloons.'

You think a 532nm 420mW handheld is the most powerful green handheld? Ok then...........

-Alex

We are talking about the beginning of the company when people were experiencing issues. That was 2007. 2007! Get it? Once more: 2007. It broke the record then and therefore was a RECORD BREAKING LASER. Your ignorance and refusal to accept documented facts is quite annoying!

We are talking about the beginning of the company when people were experiencing issues. That was 2007. 2007! Get it? Once more: 2007. It broke the record then and therefore was a RECORD BREAKING LASER. Your ignorance and refusal to accept documented facts is quite annoying!

You know what else is annoying? Thread jacking a thread. You know what's even more annoying? Thread jacking a 3 month old thread. Just saying.

I believe LaserGlow offered 1W 808nm handheld's back in 2007.

-Alex

Last edited:

3Pig

Payed off by wicked? Or just a fanboy?

Also, LOL 420 :D

'The Spyder Green 300 is the most powerful battery powered handheld laser commercially available.

wicked didn't make their own lasers in 2007. CNI did. If anything, CNI holds that record. And it was surpassed in a matter of months, anyway.

It's also hypocritical that you complain people are using "obsolete experiences from 4 years ago", but you give a record from SEVEN years ago.

Find another example.

Trevor

Pretty sure in 2007 the LG Herc held that record anyway... they just didn't have the narcicissm to submit it for consideration to the record book. :p

Trevor

Things

Care to explain WHY they're in the Guinness Book of Records then?

Because they were the only company that cared enough to blow enough smoke up their own ass to get them into a record book. I'd put $100 on the table right now that lasers of higher powers (yes, handhelds) have existed long before WL even came along. Getting themselves into a record book was purely a marketing stunt, and anyone that thinks otherwise is probably the type that would buy from WL ;)

Last edited:

Treser

Ok thanks guys this is very valuable information for me and yes I did some search before and read for days but then again I like to get the most recent info from what is going on in 2014 instead of years ago. I bought myself a torch from WL in 2008 and was not happy with it. That’s why I am already extra cautious and search for more recent info on this company.

VisibleGreen I have no clue what you are talking about this topic getting derailed, it’s actually MemoryDecipher the topic starter who said “I have contacted W.L. but I expect them to not help me as I've had almost nothing but negative experience with them so I am considering any further assistance and the warranty with them to be absent.” + “Yes, I got Wicked Lasers and am aware of the bad reputation they have and experienced my fair share of issues with them.”
Following on this the discussion is about what exactly makes WL such a bad company. I like to know from first hand before I decide to invest in this company and as MemoryDecipher is unfortunately not coming back anymore other forum members try to shed some light on my question ;-)
But in the meantime Greenlander and Encap put me on the right track and I am already believing that Jetlaser or laserglow Polaris ticks more of my boxes :)

Last edited: