Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Light saber

Hi everybody,
Just recentally build my first 1w red laser, it's awesome! I want to build another one so I'm ordering parts. I have seen "fat beam" modules on eBay. I was thinking a mits 500 would look like a light saber in one of those modules and was wondering if anyone has tried this?
Thanks for any replies
Danny

How's this for a light saber? :p

slqhiw.jpg

2e2iij6.jpg

It's the "laser saber" attachment from Podo, it's on a 3W 445nm. Not sure what those "fat beam" laser things are on eBay, probably some sort of expander but I can't imagine the optics in it would be any good especially if they're acrylic. Using a BE doesn't really give the affect of a lightsaber unless it's a bit of a higher beam magnification, like 10x. But I've got 3x, and it does what it says - just looks like a bit of a larger collimated beam. Still really cool though, here's a shot with my 3x:

23mx3ra.jpg

Yup,
That is sweet.
Was thinking since the mits 500 has such a fat beam already, it would look awesome in one of those fat beam modules

WHOa! What a brilliant Saber. Man you're awesome. Any plans of making a Youtube video or something on this? Thx!

Pman

Does the Sanwu Saber attachment work with lasers other than theirs?

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Cool images EP. :) Are you joining the dark side VirtualViolator? Why do you want a 'red' lightsaber? The light side is going to win with EP on their side. His 'blue' lightsaber is stronger :D.

Thanks Curtis!

Pman, you can get the blade attachment with a 9mm lens barrel thread adapter so that it screws straight into the module. You can even replace the lens in the adapter to whatever lens you'd like. Only thing is, it's a little bit wobbly if it's only being held by the lens barrel adapter threading.