Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

LG Anser or Libra?

So I'm looking at buying (my first) LG product... :beer:

I'm on a really tight budget though, nothing too fancy from them. I'm looking at $40+shipping max, so either the Libra or the Anser. Question is, which one do I get?

Libra: 635nm sweet wavelength, never had a laser of that color before. It also seems to have a 100% duty cycle, which is nice. The Anser has a 90 sec/20 sec duty cycle. I also have a bunch of WL Core's anyway...

Anser: 532nm APC, very nice to have output stabilization. The Libra's dot is spec'd at 5mm, looks like it's actually an elliptical dot. It is also marketed as LG's "entry" into red laser pointers... Plus the green light is more visible than the red

Which one should I get? Does anyone happen to have both, any recommendations? I know I'll be getting a rock solid product, just wondering what I should get. I'm leaning on the Libra for it's more exotic wavelength and because I have WL's Core... any suggestions anyone?

norbyx

Get the wavelenght you are missing. No point in having another green laser since you already have 5.....( at least acording to your signature).

IsaacT

^what norbyx says. Also, go with whichever host you like more. If they are the same, go for the Libra.

try selling some of your duplicate lasers or ones you dont use much. you literally have a collection of every WL product

Sorry for offtopic but,

try selling some of your duplicate lasers or ones you dont use much. you literally have a collection of every WL product

Where exactly in this post is anything related to answering Laser 1 vs Laser 2 question at hand?

It's ok haha and I actually don't own every WL product... just close :D I think they both use the same host, "flat black finish, no pocket clip" although it seems the Anser is a bit longer

Where exactly in this post is anything related to answering Laser 1 vs Laser 2 question at hand?

oh sorry posted from my phone and i guess i forgot to elaborate. meant it as in if he sells a laser he doesnt use much anymore then he could buy both of the lasers he is looking at and then receive free shipping since the order is over $50

IsaacT

He could buy the two pack. There is a thing on LG where it has them as a combo deal.

kilter

I would definatly vouch for the 635nm laser! I might be getting one myself!

Yeah I'm thinking the Libra will be a better idea. Does anyone happen to have both the Libra and the Anser? Are there even any host-related differences other than the name?

I would definatly vouch for the 635nm laser! I might be getting one myself!

how can you vouch for something and then in the next sentence say i might be getting one myself? in order to vouch for something you NEED to already own and have tested it.