Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Let there be WHITE!!

So I got this RGV projector from a friend awhile back. I got it for 200$ because the red diode was dead. Well I finally got around to putting a red diode it.
The thing is.. is that I found a random red diode in my laser box. I thought/hoped it was a single mode like a lpc 826. Well it wasnt. It was the mitts 500!!! I was wondering where that went. which is great its super bright but I dont have any corrective optics for it. You always ask for more red in a projector and I got it.
So heres a pic after what seemed like forever getting this guy properly aligned.
Thats not a lamp making that light. its a white-ish beam a lil on the redish purple side. I wonder why ha!!
I threw in a couple other pics too. you can see the fat beam in the rainbow circle for red.
Yes my phone sucks and mega washout! you get the idea.
Nerd on guys!!!
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 0406162036a.jpg
    0406162036a.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 273
  • 0406161826.jpg
    0406161826.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 267
  • 0406162036.jpg
    0406162036.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 261

10phenny that is awesome wish i had some one give me some thing like that lol

I've been wanting white for a long time, one of these days. Nice work :)

Amazing, I'd wish one of these days to see a nice bright and very visible RGB beam. Really cool shots too. +rep

Last edited:

Pman

Nice. Alignment can be such a pain. How far can you pull back and it still be aligned? Yup, divergence is a big deal with one of these.
O-like has a bunch of RGB to choose from if anyone wants one to mess with but don't be surprised if you have to spend a bunch of time working on the alignment. Whether they get the ratios correct is also of concern. Of course there could also be divergence issues.
What are your outputs from each and what are the wavelengths?
+REP.

Last edited:
Thanks guys!
For the output im not sure. The last time i tried to lpm it i didnt have quickshow so i was limited and got bogus readings. So ill try tonight if i get a chance. As for aligning them... damn. I gave up a few times only to come right back to it. But heres what worked the best... i would open quickshow.. then open up quick shape and make a yellow circle so i could blend the red and green easier. Tighten the mounts enough so its hard to move. Get the two colors semi close. Epoxy everything and wait ten mins. Then lightly tap the mount around till the red was in the center of the green up down left right. This particular mount would only let me do left right up down. Not back

Last edited: