Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

lazerer.com

the v and the y and the i. sorry mate, but i didnt understand anything of that. the beam is circular as far as i can tell, not really much of a v or y shape

LOL my bad its kinda hard to explain but where the beam twists over itself it is the smallest you can get and that is the best burning spot, don't go to far with it though the lens may come out. like how your eye work they flip light upside down, at the point were the flipping is or the "waist" of the beam

Attachments

• burning.jpg
    burning.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
ok somthing is wrong. iv turned the focusing knob thing to max either way, still no burning, even marked the matches with black marker. nothing on the baloon either.
it was 106mw, with about 22 IR. if i hold my 5mw ebay next to it, it would be pretty hard for me to distuinguish which is which, its just that the 100mw's beam looks a fraction more green, other than that, the 100mw and the 5mw are the same. should i buy new batteries, refund/exchage my laser, new charger. because for £45 i dont think it was worth it. i heard that even 50mw can burn stuf,this is nowhere near burning. any ideas?

and yes, iv tried on my dark blue baloon, which iv marked on with a black marker. still nothing.

Last edited:
i have hopfully included a few quick snapshots that i took with my laptop built in cam. bear in my mind that the 5mw is alwways on the right, and my 100mw is on the left. and plz ingnore the posters etc. and quick update, i found the place where it twists and stuff, i think its th eplace where the beam is smallest, about 5cm away from the aperture. and after pointing this at the match, there is a very faint trail of smoke, no burning yet at all

Attachments

• Snapshot_20120319_2.JPG
    Snapshot_20120319_2.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 83
  • Snapshot_20120319_1.JPG
    Snapshot_20120319_1.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 84
  • Snapshot_20120319_4.JPG
    Snapshot_20120319_4.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
the beam looks ok, I cant judge brightness well with a camera, when lighting a match with a 100mw laser you use a black pen or sharpie and put a dot on it where you want to burn, best way to check if it can burn is a black trash bag it should go right though it like butter. I love that green color, it look nice. and nothing wrong with having posters :p

Last edited:
yess! lit a match in about 2second. i thank you so much, whoever told me about the v and y and i stuff, it worked.;)

dam, im trying on a second match, using the same tecnique as before, make the dot as large as possible, then look at the beam and theres a point quiet close to the aperture that is very thin, i put the match in there and now its only a thin trail of smoke, no burning. put my batt back on charge, going to get another one of ebay soon incase the batt is the prob

Last edited:
I think you battery is bad, based on the issue you had charging it, I have never smelled that, except in the army, wear I used to store dead radio manpack battery, they sit for a few months then I vent them before turning them in for disposal, when I vent them they smell a bit like sulfur dioxide, and you can faintly smell it were I stored them, what kind of battery is it?

some place locally may have them too,

Last edited:
theres a point quiet close to the aperture that is very thin, i put the match in there and now its only a thin trail of smoke, no burning.

Don't get the match too close to the laser or you could get residue from the match ignition on the laser lens which would be bad.

Don't get the match too close to the laser or you could get residue from the match ignition on the laser lens which would be bad.

this too, we had someone get it on his lens and it cause issues I don't know he he got it cleaned or not, I have scratched lens trying to clean them once something burns to the lens, though the laser I scratched still works fine, and you can only tell if I expand the beam to show the profile.

Last edited:
. i have 2 focus it so the dot is the biggest in diameter it will go, which i think is focus to inifinite, then i find the sweet spot, then i put watevr i want to burn in that spot. for me if the match or even thin black plastic are not in the sweet spot, nothing happens. its a 18650 battery. if this is what a 100mw laser is supposed to look/burn like then im quitting this hobby, firstly its too expensiv and secondly it doesnt do anything. i saw youtube videos of people popping baloons from across the room, i cnt pop a black baloon if its in the "sweet spot" im going to buy a battery, and if that doesnt change the burning capabilities of this laser im going to ask max for a refund or somthing, if he doesnt give me a refund then i dunno, ill find sumwhere in the attic or somthing for the laser.
if i focus the beam so the dot is the tiniest it will go, it doesnt have any affect whatsoever on thin black plastic or anything else

Last edited:
I will tell you this, burning is over rated, you can get a cheap solding iron to burn or a lighter, or a torch, take it outside at night and point it up, avoiding planes a lighter cannot do that, A good burner is a 405nm at 500mw or a 445nm at 1w or more, I make thermite and have quite a bit of pyro in me, but it gets old quick, the beauty of a laser is unmatched. Its not for everyone, I have spent 14000$ in one year building and collecting, and if I lost it all, I would do it again, so its addicting and getting out while you still can may be a good thing.:beer: Lasers are not for everyone, if you really want a cheap burner a red 500mw is cheap, you got a dpss green the most expensive per mw laser you can buy that's not uber rare. Take it out at night though, that's when lasers really glow.

plus replace the battery if you can first it very well my be messed up.

Last edited: