Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

lazerer.com

Out of the two, if this is your first laser, the green one is ideal. 1W is extremely dangerous, and it probably isn't the safest for your first laser. Get the green one and get used to lasers, how to use them etc. and then get the blue 1W.

But beware, 100mW is still very dangerous and looking at the beam WILL cause eye damage.

Hey daawood123,

It all depends on what you want to use the laser for. Blue is better at burning but green is brighter.

If using it indoors, you definitely want to go with the green 100mW over the blue 1W. The blue 1W laser, when used indoors, must be used with laser safety goggles. Even the dot at the end of the beam, over time, is damaging for your eyes and anyone's eyes in the room.

For outdoors, the 1W beam will look much more beautiful though.

The green laser is naturally brighter because it is at the peak sensitivity for the human eye. Here is a simple relative brightness calculator.

Also note that the green laser you posted can be detached from the middle and be used as a mini pointer with a 16340 battery, if size matters for you.

I would use goggles indoors even with the 100mW 532nm greenie.

Glenn

Maze

If this really is your first laser, buy a 100mw, 1W is very powerful and needs to be used with caution and its gonna do permanent eye damage if you dont have goggles on, 100mW would be a good choice, i have RIFLE532nm - 100mW Focusable Burning Green Laser and it burns matches, pop ballons, yea does standard stuff and if you buy 100mw dont forget to buy glasses!

-Maze

But beware, 100mW is still very dangerous and looking at the beam WILL cause eye damage.

Safety IS important, but no need to scare people uselessly.

Looking at the beam will NOT cause eye damage.:beer:

dude, 50mw can blind you permantly if looked at for more than 5seconds, and your saying its ok to look into the beam of a 100mw?

I think the hair we are trying to split here is that shining the dot of the laser into your eye will do damage, but looking at the beam from the side will not. Additionally, even the reflection of the dot into your eye from certain laser powers and from certain surfaces will also do damage.

Glenn

Stix62

Looks like Lazerer have stopped selling that particular Blue one now.

Maze

yep, they dont sell it anymore, but they still sell the rifle 1.2W :) and some others. but buy a 100mw as a first laser...

yh. so gutted that they arent selling the stick anymore. it looked really stylish and compact. might wait a little, buy the same host style (classic) in red 200mw, green 100mw and voilet 100mw before moving on to a 1w. but what is the point of a infrared laser if you cant even see the beam?

CDHDC

Out of the lasers I own, I find myself playing with my 100mW greenie more oft than not. Obviously it's not going to light things ablaze, but that's only fun for a little while anyway. I'd go for the green. It'll have good visibility and better beam characteristics. Then build your collection from there:)

I want to clarify that I do not own any LAZERER lasers. I can't speak toward their quality or service, but I've read they're decent.

Last edited:
ordered the green 100mw today ;) and the 1w stick is back in stock iswell. cant wait for the green one to arrive. its probably going to take a while cause i live in the UK but so excited. hope customs doesnt sieze it

Maze

Well, mine arrived to Denmark the 12th and its at the customs now. in case i need to pay 15 euro or something... Some rules here sucks.